• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problem accessing Xbox Live via TP Link Wireless router - Help?

southeastblue

Hi,

I set up my TP Link wireless router yesterday with the intent of having less cables trailing everywhere, and being able to move my Xbox 360 into the bedroom so my girlfriend can have a fairly quiet living room area.

Anyway... I set it up fine, and my laptop and Mobile PDA both connect to it fine and can both access the internet with no problems, so I thought my Xbox 360 would be pretty much the same. Hmm...

Well I went to the wireless settings, and found my network. I entered the WEP key I set, and the router and my Xbox 360 dongle made a connection, but it seems for some reason I'm unable to access the internet/Xbox Live sign in?

I'm on Virgin Media broadband, so if anyone has any ideas how to get it working then please feel free to tell me! :D

Luckily my Xbox Live Gold subscription ran out yesterday, so I'm not losing anything but I'd like to get it back up and working so I can renew it.

Thanks in advance, I know you people are all very technically minded! ;)

southeastblue

Been trying again today with no luck, the error code I get is this:

w: 0000 - 0000
x: 8000 - 0011
y: 0000 - 0000
z: 0000 - 0000

Anyone know what it means?! :(

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom