Problem accessing signal from US BR player into Optoma projector

FIZZBIN2003

Established Member
Reaction score
OK - here's an odd one...

I've had my system in place for about 10 years now and - beyond occasionally upgrading some of the components - it has more or less been fine.

I have a Panasonic Viera 3D 50" Plasma TV (purchased one year ago) which is connected up to a SONY STR-DH810 A/V receiver which in turn is connected up to 4 different sources (Sony UK BR player, Panasonic US BR player, Toshiba HD DVD and the final input is for a HDMI hub where several devices like Apple TV are connected).

The lead which connects the back of the TV to the input on the A/V receiver has a splitter so that another HDMI cable (a long one) also connects up my OPTOMA HD200x Projector. So when I want to watch something on the big projector screen rather than the TV, I turn the TV off, fire up the Optoma projector and the A/V receiver and select the source from which I want to view.

And that has all worked fine... until about two months ago.

I now find that the projector cannot make the connection with the US Panasonic Blu Ray player (HDMI 2) though it has no problems with the other 3 inputs (HDMI 1, 3 & 4).

It's not a cable issue or a player issue as when I select the US BR player input (HDMI2) when watching TV it continues to work fine.

Looked at the settings on the player and can't see any obvious reason why I should only get this problem now - Is the fact that it is a Panasonic (with Viera mode switched on) BR player connected up to a Panasonic TV - one from the US, the other from the UK - the problem? Do I need a software update on the player?

It's a mystery - but annoying as I can only play non-region coded US discs now if I want to use the projector ..... though works fine when viewed on my TV.

Any ideas? :(

Try disconnecting the splitter both power supply and hdmi leads for a few minutes, then plug everything back in making sure the rest of the kit is all off. Then turn it all back on and see if it works, I had a similar thing happen with my splitter a year or two back, been perfect since!

Try disconnecting the splitter both power supply and hdmi leads for a few minutes, then plug everything back in making sure the rest of the kit is all off. Then turn it all back on and see if it works, I had a similar thing happen with my splitter a year or two back, been perfect since!

Thanks - I'll give it a go - maybe next weekend as I only tend to use the projector at that time.

;)

Didn't work unfortunately. :(

Having disconnected the relevant HDMI leads, I powered up the projector then turned on the US BR player then the A/V amp to select the relevant HDMI input and.... for one second I did get the home screen for that US BR player on the screen. Then it went to black... then sparkly interference... then black while a message on the projector screen indicated it was searching for a source but unsuccessfully.

No problem with any other devices that I select to project onto the big screen (all plugged into the same A/V receiver) and the US BR player still works absolutely fine when I watch on my Panasonic TV.

Just can't understand what has happened to cause this six weeks ago - before then had no problems at all. :confused:

Maybe I need to buy a new HDMI splitter?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom