Problem accessing ESP HDVIEW cameras by CAT6 cable

JohnFW

Standard Member
Problem accessing ESP HDVIEW cameras by CAT6 cable
I have just added two additional WiFi cameras (Cameras 3 and 4) to my ESP HDview CCTV system. But the signal is too weak as the new cameras are too far away. I decided the simplest solution was to run CAT6 cables from the cameras to a switch and thence to the NVR instead. But despite deleting the two additional cameras from the NVR when I redetected them they found the IP addresses and still gave a flaky connection, so I know that the signal is not coming over CAT6 but over WiFi.
How can I kill the WiFi connection and insist on them using the direct CAT6 connection? ESP say it should happen automatically - but it doesn't work!
I attach a copy of the VIDEO organise screen and you can see the problem. Camera 3 - one of the new pair - in the bottom LHS has dropped out in this example.
This happens all the while with cameras 3 and 4. The solution ought to be really simple.....
IMG_2331.JPG

JohnFW

Standard Member
Try factory resetting the cameras. It will then loose SSID information.

Fabien
Hi - many thanks. How to lose the SSID? I have seen remarks elsewhere about RESETting cameras but these two don't appear to have a reset and any way I cannot physically get at them.

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
Again this doesn’t proof the cables are wired through correctly

Were the cables premade or were they made from cable and terminated on site

Fabien

Assumption was as you have recently added these cameras and run Cat6, you would have physical access to them.

If you can directly connect to them over IP then there maybe an option to factory reset them, otherwise would would need physical access and find the on-board reset switch

Fabien

JohnFW

Standard Member
GOOD NEWS.

That was all done before I put them in position. All working perfectly. However I have good news!!
After much messing around with the manual add parameters on screen they suddenly changed from a 192.X.X.X to a 172.X.X.X address. The WiFi signal is still showing on screen but I seem to have a solid real-time connection now.
Connection is finally solid after some two weeks playing around!
Many thanks for all your help

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom