Problem about calibrating svs pb1000pro

davidsun

Novice Member
I have a onkayo 575 av receiver, had polk hts10 sub, calibrated it very well. Recently updated to svs pb1000 pro subwoofer, can’t calibrate it.
Sometimes can not find subwoofer, sometimes can find it, but only can hear a testing noise once, receiver keep sending test signal, but can not be heard, then shows test error, ambient noise too high.
Sometimes pass the calibration, but the distance is 0.03m, the real distance is about 2.4m
All set on sub are default, volume is-10 db, changed cable, still wrong.

Mr Wolf

The sub might not be waking up. Disable the auto-on feature (set it to always on) and make sure the LPF is disabled in the App i.e. set to LFE mode.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Do you get the lights behind your SVS sub after you have turned it on?

Make sure your bluetooth is enabled from your phone and i think the app needs to connect your sub first. Then from the SVS phone app:

Leave the volume -10
Low Pass Filter - Off
Phase 0

Go to "System settings", Subwoofer standby set to On (you can later put it Auto if required).

Then it´s time to run Audussey on your Onkyo with the mic placed at main listening position about seated ear height. Naturally the room needs to 100% silent and get away from the mic/speakers while it runs. You can do just 3 mic positions. After you have done it the subwoofer distance should show further than 2,4meters, do not correct this.

Make sure you have connected the cable correct, pushed fully to bottom.

575.jpg

1000-pro-ampshot.jpg

davidsun

Novice Member
Thank you guys for reply.
Funny thing is that I can hear the first test tone, then become silent, “sleep” too fast? I will set it “always on”, then try again.

davidsun

Novice Member
I set standby as on, -10 db, lfe engage.
Firstly it send test tone, I can hear it loudly, receiver “hear” it too, then send second test tone, sound become very low, I can hear, but receiver has no response, the sub icon disappear from tv screen, the distance is 0.03m, I have to change it to about double real distance.
Now I can watch netflix, listen to bass music by YouTube, the whole system works well, sub unit is moving forward, back, seems normal, just hard to tell bass is too much or less.

I talked to svs customer service, they think probably onkyo receiver is faulty, or mic is faulty.

Attachments

• 2FFDA1D5-523C-443A-8252-0299699190CB.jpeg
    2FFDA1D5-523C-443A-8252-0299699190CB.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 37
  • AB1BFDA5-546A-467F-9418-9DB901FFF402.jpeg
    AB1BFDA5-546A-467F-9418-9DB901FFF402.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 7E30EB6A-A094-4BAC-BF04-C92230183336.jpeg
    7E30EB6A-A094-4BAC-BF04-C92230183336.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 34

davidsun

Novice Member
Another two strange things are:
1 I calibrated it last night 23:00, very quiet, showed ambient noise too much, failed;
This morning the ambient is not very quiet, can finish test, just can’t find sub.

2 I changed set to 2.1, then calibrated it, yeah, successful! Then changed to 5.1.2 again, couldn’t find sub, then changed 2.1 again, this time couldn’t work. So it can work from time to time

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Very strange. Do you have the mic on top of some stand / tripod or top of back seat of couch pointing to ceiling? It needs to see all speakers. The AccuEQ has been getting some negativity, but it`s clear that there is bigger fault somewhere as the distance is showing issue. If you go for that third picture menu now it says subwoofer "yes" and are the crossovers same? Change 80hz for the fronts, center and heights as they are bit too low now.

Do you still have the other Polk sub in house?

rccarguy2

Pretty sure this is the same poster who is using high level rather than life RCA

davidsun

Novice Member
Very strange. Do you have the mic on top of some stand / tripod or top of back seat of couch pointing to ceiling? It needs to see all speakers. The AccuEQ has been getting some negativity, but it`s clear that there is bigger fault somewhere as the distance is showing issue. If you go for that third picture menu now it says subwoofer "yes" and are the crossovers same? Change 80hz for the fronts, center and heights as they are bit too low now.

Do you still have the other Polk sub in house?
I sold out my polk, I did everything same as before, can’t find problems.
Pretty sure this is the same poster who is using high level rather than life RCA
don’t understand what you are talking about

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom