probla with a new LCD monitor i baught, looking for advice

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Leifman, Mar 9, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Leifman

Leifman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, before i start i must say i realy didnt know where to post a massage regarding a LCD pc monitor (here or gaming in the pc forums) and decided to post it here i guess...
    now to the chase, i recived a wk or so ago my new pc monitor (which will be my second monitor for media, something like a tv for movies and tvshows just without the tuner and actuly watching tv hehe)
    i cant say anything bad about it because the picture is amazing and im very happy with it (plus being its the ONLY 19" widescreen LCD monitor with 8ms that is sold in my country i think)
    im talking about CMV (CHIMEI) 938D
    Details(official website) : http://www.cmv.com.tw/en/product.asp?pid={DA4721AD-32F5-4471-96E2-4837B6980308}
    if linking to the official company website for details isnt allowed please edit my post or tell me so and i will edit it.
    and now lets get to the problam:
    so basicly when there is a "BLACK" and i mean pure black picture (as if before u watch some media file and the screen is black, before the picture apears)
    there is some wierd thing going on with the "light" on the monitor on the right/left sides and abit up.
    i mean while i watch some movie i sit like 2.5 meters away from the monitor and in hight im abit lower then the monitor (just abit) which is just like the manual to the monitor says is the "perfact condition for perfact quality".
    and i do get perfact quality except when theres a "BLACK" picture.
    i add'd a picture (imagin it represents a 19" ws monitor and the white color the sorta more light black color that is the problam) to how it looks like basicly when theres a black picture and i watch with no "light" in my room (natural sun or the lamp) and please forgive me for the lame quality but i did make it in a minute with windows Paint hehe.
    anyway its not "horibble" because its just 1 color thats kinda wierd... and i sorta make it not be seen that much by watching movies when sun is up and theres sunlight in my room or just when its dark + i turn on a small lamp above my room.
    but its still noticeable when u realy look at the left side of the monitor (well most annoying is the left sorta "pocket" or so i call it)
    just wondering if its a LCD widescreen pc monitor thingy and maybe "should" be or if its some problam with the specific monitor and i should consider replacing it or something...
    will be thankful for any comment/advice, thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      Size:
      4.3 KB
      Views:
  2. greyhorse

greyhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    sounds like your refering to backlight leaking, due to poor manufacturing.

If you tried another set it may be ok or could just indicate that they dont make the screens very well.

3. Leifman

Leifman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i dont know if its poor manufacturing or just bad luck...
    because im a freak regarding dead pixels or so on, tested the screen with any color posible and found NO dead pixels, but then i noticed this damn lights... its kinda annoying having to have a constant LIGHT on in the room to not notice em too much (because its like 2 big pockets from left and right and a small line above...)
    i guess i can call and try to replace the monitor to see if the new one doesnt have it as "BIG" or at all.
    thanks alot for the comment.
    had to know if it was a known thingy in lcds or just me just getting ****** off nothing

4. Kootuu

Kootuu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hey leifman - no it's a common problem with LCD's. It's pot luck unfortunately.