1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably a stupid question, sorry!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dooloo, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Dooloo

Dooloo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I conect my Sanyo Z1 projector to my Denon 3802 with component video cables, will everything thats conected to the 3802 (2800 DVD, Digital TV receiver, VCR) get to the projector or will I need an S video cable as well - sorry if this is the dumbest question to date, but I really don't know!

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If its anything like my Denon A1-D only a source with component will generate a signal on the component output of the amp.

Similarly s-video to s-video, composite to composite.

if you have different inputs then you'll need a matched output to the PJ, as the amp wont switch them over for you.

3. robocop

robocop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    At present, how are the connections made to your Denon 3802 from your various equipment.
    Is everything connected to the Denon via seperate audio AND video leads.
    If you can supply a bit more info,we may be able to help you
    :)

4. Dooloo

Dooloo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    (desperately trying not to sound too ignorant) The VCR & digital receiver via scart to phono, the DVD via video/optical digital. No component connections as yet.

Thanks for the responses, I was worried it might be too dumb a question to warrant a response! :blush:

5. robocop

robocop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Don't worry about asking what you think maybe too dumb a question, as this is what the forum is all about;helping others and sharing info.

I personally would connect the 2800 via component cable (red green and blue) direct to your projector as this is the best form of connection. Your DVD player has by far the best available picture quality,so you are best to make use of it.

Regarding your digital receiver (is it Sky?) and your VCR, do you know what the available types of video connection they have e.g S video composite etc?

I am certainly no expert,so would welcome someone elses views.
    :)

6. Dooloo

Dooloo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your encouragement Robocop!

Its a Grundig digital TV receiver (freeview), and an old JVC nicam VCR, both only have scart sockets on the back.

7. robfitzp

robfitzp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Dooloo,

The 3802 does not up convert video sources so only component sources go through the component output, s video through s video output etc. You would need leads of each type to the PJ.

Cheers
    Rob.

8. Dooloo

Dooloo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, off to the lead shop I go!