probably a stupid question, but ....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by seany57, Nov 14, 2004.

1. seany57

seany57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    probably a stupid question, but .... when I switch on my Viera, it is set to go to AV1 which has Sky+ connected.
    Works without problem, but the scart name displayed on the screen is EC1\RGB instead of the AV1\RGB I am expecting.
    Pressing the red button on the controls sorts it out, but I was just wondering what the EC1\RGB stands for and why it appears

Anybody able to put me out of my misery !!

Sean

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Ec1 stands for euro connection 1. It comes on the screen some times if you have gone up or down a channel ,say on to bbc1 on analog, and then back again. It happens on mine some times. No big deal, ec1 and av1 are the same :)

3. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    From my observations the Viera will display AV1 (or AV1RGB) if you manually switch to the video input using the remote control. If the Viera automatically locks onto a video signal and auto switches to that AV channel then it will display EC1 (or EC1RGB). My parents TX-36PL30 does exactly the same.

S.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Scart is also known as the euro connector. It is a frenchman's revenge for Trafalgar and Waterloo, the most unfortunate connector to have landed up with.