1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prob connecting SqueezeBox to wireless network

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by norderney, Aug 25, 2004.

1. norderney

norderney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have just received my Wireless Squeeze Box, but it is not connecting to my wireless network.

I select the Set Up Networking option on Squeeze Box
    then I select Connect To A Wireless Network
    then the next screen says:

Choose your wireless network (SSID)
    NETGEAR (Is the Squeeze Box getting this name over the network or is this name already setup?)

So I select NETGEAR

I then select No password/no encryption option

It then searches for my network and then comes back with an error saying network not found.

I am using a Netgear Wireless Router DG834G

Wireless Network Name: NETGEAR
    Region: Europe
    Channel: 11
    Mode: g & b

Enable Wireless Access Point is ticked
    Allow Broadcast Of Name is ticked
    Wireless Isolation is not ticked

Security Options: Disabled (I will enable them once I get the Squeeze Box working).

Wireless Access Station List
    I selected the device shown under heading Available Wireless Stations using ADD and it is now showing under Trusted Wireless Stations.
    Turn Access Control On is unticked but I have also tried it ticked as well.

I selected the Apply option.

I do not have any other wireless devices connected. The Netgear Wireless Router is located in an upstairs bedroom and the Squeeze Box is in the Lounge but are no more than about 3 to 4 meters apart, although there is a wall and a floor. Walls and floors are wood.

Any ideas?

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    First move the Squeezebox into the bedroom. Give it the best chance to find the router. You can move it later as once it has a connection, it holds that better.

Then rename the router - this will tell you if the Squeezebox has really found your router.

If it finds it, but doesn't connect, check your settings. Ditto if it finds nothing.

Unfortunately these things are just trial and error, usually resulting in you having to change settings on each device to make them talk together.

I have used wireless routers, but not a Squeezebox, so can't help with your specific device unfortunately. :(