ProAc Tablette 2000's.

teopol

Novice Member
Hi. I recently bought my first amp (Cambridge Audio CXA80) cheap on eBay and was looking for speakers in the market of £200-300.

To my disbelief; I managed to win (AuctionSnipe) a pair of ProAc Tablette 2000's in mint condition (Serial No.0231). The owner was regrettably 'downsizing his collection' and sad to let them go - I am over the moon with the purchase - they sound incredible and are now happy in a new home.. with not so happy neighbours.

I can't seem to find much on the internet about them. Can anyone shed some light on how they fit in the Tablette range. When and how much they cost when they first came out. Are they in anyway comparable to the most recent Tablette 10s in terms of build / performance? Why is so little about them available online? I see they are very popular in Japan but seem to have little, to no, English online chat.. despite being a British speaker.

I read that they can be quite difficult to marry with an amp and any recommendations welcome. Is my Cambridge Audio suitable do you think?

I am hoping to get some Van Den Hull CS122 Hybrid cables and a pair of Atacama stands.

Any other recommended additions to the setup would be great as I'm just getting started in hifi and loving the sound already!

Orobas

Hi. I recently bought my first amp (Cambridge Audio CXA80) cheap on eBay and was looking for speakers in the market of £200-300.

To my disbelief; I managed to win (AuctionSnipe) a pair of ProAc Tablette 2000's in mint condition (Serial No.0231). The owner was regrettably 'downsizing his collection' and sad to let them go - I am over the moon with the purchase - they sound incredible and are now happy in a new home.. with not so happy neighbours.

I can't seem to find much on the internet about them. Can anyone shed some light on how they fit in the Tablette range. When and how much they cost when they first came out. Are they in anyway comparable to the most recent Tablette 10s in terms of build / performance? Why is so little about them available online? I see they are very popular in Japan but seem to have little, to no, English online chat.. despite being a British speaker.

I read that they can be quite difficult to marry with an amp and any recommendations welcome. Is my Cambridge Audio suitable do you think?

I am hoping to get some Van Den Hull CS122 Hybrid cables and a pair of Atacama stands.

Any other recommended additions to the setup would be great as I'm just getting started in hifi and loving the sound already!
So.. specs for the 2000 signature
Specification :
Nominal Impedance :8 ohms.
Recommended Amplifiers: 20 to 150 Watts.
Sensitivity :87db.
Bass/Midrange Driver : 6 1/2".
Tweeter : 3/4".
Dimensions :14" H x 7 1/2" W x 9 1/2" D
Weight :8.4 kgs

I think they originally listed for about £900 when they came out. Comparable speakers they were in the market against was the Dynaudio Audience 50/52 , B&W 685..

There was very very little information even then about them and not much can be found today searching.

Are they difficult to marry with an amp.. yes.. what you have read is true. "chosen" amps for the 2000's at the time included Cyrus 3, Naim, Marantz, Roksan "Caspian" (.. not the Kandy)

They sounded big.. suffered with bass boom with the wrong amps and if put with a bright amp, the treble went very hard..

The Tablette 10 replaced the Anniversary which replaced the 2000's i think.... so shouldn't be that far apart

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom