1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proac surround system, a good idea?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by targetrich, Sep 10, 2005.

1. targetrich

targetrich
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the moment I have Proac D15 as front left and right, and the Cyrus centre speaker. I'm considering my next step, which I think will be to buy the Proac sub ER1. I can also buy a new pair of Tablette Reference speakers for a bargain £450 at the moment if I'm quick to be the two rears.

Any thoughts? I thought - Keep it Proac to go with the D15's. I have however heard good things about the B&W sub. can I get away with a non-Proac sub? Does anyone know anything about the Tablette Reference speakers?

:rolleyes:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Whilst it is important that the front three speakers are as identical as possible and also that the rear speakers are as similar in voicing as possible it matters not a jot about the subwoofer as there aren't any voice matching problems to worry about.

Proac make some wonderful speakers but they aren't renowned for their subwoofers and quite frankly I would look elsewhere for a £1,000 sub