ProAc Studio 140 vs ProAc Response DT8

PolarPacific

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide whether to buy new ProAc Response DT8 (best offer €2,850) or used ProAc Studio 140 (couple of offers on a local secondary market for €850).

Will use pre / power: Rotel RC-1572 MKII / Rotel rb-1582 MkII + thinking about Pro-Ject Evo turntable. Room size is ~25 sq.m. (4,7 m x 5,5m).
I prefer low to moderate listening levels.

I have already auditioned new DT8 and was impressed (especially with vinyl).

So I wonder how different Studio 140 will sound (e.g. much inferior to DT8/ or just different in tonality)?

Thanks in advance!

The difference is pretty small as I remember - the DT8 is slightly tighter in the bass but other than that...
The 140 was a very fine speaker in it's day and will still perform well now - if it were me I would save the money but I know some people always want the latest model (a bit like the mobile phone market!). I think you should be happy either way.

Thank you for your opinion/feedback, Wine Man!

Do you think the sensitivity and impedance (4 Ohm, 90dB of DT8 vs 8 Ohm 90dB of 140s) difference might play big role in low to medium volume listening levels in 25 sq. meters room?

As for second hand market, I couldn't agree more! Here in Portugal It's not as saturated as, for instance, in the UK or in the US ;) But it's tempting to go with a good offer.

Shouldn't make any real difference if your amplifier has enough grunt, good luck with your decision anyway.👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom