Proac Response D2 speaker height...

MJeeves

I have PROAC Response D2 loudspeakers and I am very happy with them so I do NOT want to change them at all.

I have them on the recommended Target R2 stands which I am also very happy with and don't want to change them either.

But... I got some new furniture and the seats are "higher" than the old furniture. Because of this... my ear is now a couple of inches higher than the tweeter (Proac, like most speaker makers recommend having the tweeters at ear height).

What would be the best way of 'raising' the Proac speakers by an inch or 2 but WITHOUT compromising their sound quality and their fixing to the Target R2 stands?

Any ideas? :confused:

P.S. I have the system up stairs so a bit concerned about using heavy slabs or concrete and marble under the stands! :(

Anyone? :lease:

Cable Monkey

The recomendation is just that, a recomendation. The tweeter has a dispersion patern which is normally around 10 degrees vertically and 30 degrees horizontally. As long as you are sat within that area your experience should not be degraded much. If you must change it then just use wooden blocks.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom