• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Proac Response Brackets

SamV

I have a Proac Response 5.1 system which I love and have been using it for ages. I'm just about to redecorate my living room and I noticed that all of the speakers have two bolt holes on the back for what I'm assuming are brackets? I've spoken to various dealers but they are unable to shed any light.

Does anyone have any more info on these brackets? I would love to be able to have these speakers as "floating" without visible stands or shelves.

barnitto

Hi, i’ve no idea about the brackets i’m afraid, but interested to know which speakers make up your system?

SamV

It was the complete they sell, I think the full name was the Response Hexa plus an extra sub and two tablettes at the front so I'm running as 7.2. It sounds brilliant, and sometimes it's hard to locate the speakers as they disappear into the sound. My only criticism is that despite how lovely and responsive the subs are they can lack a little low end grunt. Its like compating a bass to a double bass. Sometimes you do need twin 18s.

barnitto

Never come across them before. Very few ProAc owners on here, so might struggle with any thoughts on brackets. Maybe be worth emailing ProAc directly?

In terms of subs, Hifi type subs often lack low end grunt. You need something with a bigger driver to get low end - dual 18’s would do it!

SamV

I did email Proac but not had any response yet. The subs are designed for 5.1 and actually struggle to do music. But yeah it's hard to beat some mass, it's why I also have a full JBL Screen array setup made up of 2" horns, 15" drivers and 18" subs. Don't have the finesse or the ability to be completely transparent but fook me if you want to feel like the world is ending, that's the one.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom