pro v WOW!!!!

W

woody183

To all who has helped.

I purchased a pro v today to use with my ae100e. The resulting picture with sky was amazing:eek: .
I am very satisfied with my setup now and would like to thank those who has given me great advice in the past:D .
CHEERS......

woody

He he he hate to say this but

Told u so

Woody

Thats great new's :) Out of interest, what Sky connection were you using before the ProV, with the AE100?

I want one, i want one :)

Hi tim.
I have a grundig digibox which has s-video out. I thought with would be ok with my ae100 without the pro v. HOW WRONG! i borrowed a pro v before purchasing and was amazed at the difference. IMO if you watch a lot of sky,then it's money well spent

woody

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=50223&goto=newpost
I do watch a lot of Sky, currently via s-video, using a rgb/svideo convertor from my Sony box. The colour and contrast was a great improvement over composite, but I find the screen door is still pretty bad with s-video, so i guess the ProV will have to go to the top of my shopping list for next year.

Thanks. :)

Tim,

There is no way to remove screen door by feeding a different signal to the AE100. It's caused by the low-res panels. Only 'cure' is either de-focusing to hide it or watching from further away.

The improvement in picture quality you mean is to use progressive scan signal source like a PC or PS DVD player. An interlaced signal makes the horzonal lines more pronounced, progressive reduces it.

Jonny

I find that the screen door look's worse with s-video than componant, like you say it is even better still with progressive scan. :)

I can't wait to try my Pro-V with the AE100.

I got the Pro-V 6 weeks ago but my AE100 has been away for repair since August.

:mad:

The only problem I have with the Pro V is... well its not really a problem with the pro v more to do with the ae100

when using the pro v you cant use the "just" mode on the AE100 as its not available when using a vga source (ie the pro v)

how do you guys get round this or dont you's!?

Hex

Originally posted by Hex
The only problem I have with the Pro V is... well its not really a problem with the pro v more to do with the ae100

when using the pro v you cant use the "just" mode on the AE100 as its not available when using a vga source (ie the pro v)

Hex

Personally I would just leave it in wide mode and suffer the stretch with 4:3 material.

Jonny, give Panasonic a bell, I have the number if you need it.

that really annoys me though :rolleyes:

guess I'll just have to flick between 4.3 and 16.9 when needed!

never mind

On the 16th October, Sky One and Sky News will go 16:9.

All Sky Movie channels will be 16:9 by Easter 2003.

'Just' mode won't be needed for these channels.

Here's the quote from www.wotsat.com,

"Sky News and Sky One go widescreen this week

Sky News and Sky One are expected to begin broadcasting in 16:9 widescreen format this week. The pair intend to switch to the format at 6am on October 16, although this date could be delayed by ongoing technical tests. Sky has also said it plans to switch its film channels over to widescreen format by Easter 2003 - a move that's sure to be welcomed by film fans. [Oct 10]"

Sky News and Sky One go widescreen this week
As Homer say's "Yahoooooooooooooo"! :D

Please forgive my ignorance:blush: but what is a Pro V when it's at home.

Conor

Comer, take a look here

Originally posted by Hex

Hex

AFAIK, the only way to have complete control of aspect ratios using the VGA input of the AE-100 is using a HTPC.

I'm using Dscaler & a Pinnacle PCTV Rave capture card, & it's all there man :eek:

This obviously allows driving the PJ at it's native res also, so bypassing any internal scaling by the PJ.

Recently found a solution to a problem I was having, & now, IMO, I have the best possible picture using Sky/S-video/PC/Dscaler.

One happy camper ;)

does anyone know how to reduce the RED bleeding towards the right when using Digibox to RGB converter to Pro-V to AE100.
my sky picture is pretty good, but i think it will be better if i can solve this.
thanks in advance.

does anyone know how to reduce the RED bleeding towards the right when using Digibox to RGB converter to Pro-V to AE100.

which version are you using, John Sim's or Lectropacks??

had a fiddle with the setings on the pro-v last night, and got it a bit better but it's still there.
the RGB converter is the lektropaks version

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom