1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro V and Connections

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TimF, Sep 13, 2002.

1. TimF

TimF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem

Whats the best way of connecting my Sony 900 dvd, Sky plus, VCR & PS2 to Panny 100 projector with Pro V

I want to use VGA cable to Projector if possible. Would it be ok to feed all video sources to my Denon 3802 and then one S video lead to Pro V or would I be better with component leads direct to projector.

VCR is not SVHS so would have to feed composite input to AV receiver.

Also has anyone had experience using a longish vga cable - say15 foot. Where can you buy these - I seem to remeber trying a long monitor lead on my PC once the quality of picture dropped right off.

My thanks for any help

2. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    Tim get your vga cable from www.lindy.com

mines 10 metres and is excellent quality.

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Make sure you go for one with male to male connectors.

4. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi my cables 10 metres too No probs at all,

The Pro v is a little limited with it`s inputs I`d consider putting your video or some other appliance of your choice direct into the projector Via it`s own S vid socket, perhaps the one you wont be useing as often, and the best through the Pro v.

5. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you cant run a composite into the denon and a svid out. It can only video switch the same format. i.e you would need to run a composite and svideo cable out of the denon.

Does the vcr have rgb? if so get the rgb -> svid converter. That would solve your problem. Or maybe a composite -> svid converter.

6. TimF

TimF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info.

So, assuming I can get Svideo from VCR and PS2 and feed to Receiver - and then receiver to Pro V, would the quality of picture be better for all sources including DVD than for a direct component run to projector.

Essentially I am trying to find out if I can do away with the need to purchase and install long runs of cable. One SVGA cable and a mains feed - up walls and under floorboards and holes in ceilings etc is a simpler and less costly installation (and more wife friendly!)

Any comments welcome.

Cheers