Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pro-V and Barco 800 D problems or 'I knew it was too cheap'

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by flibble, Jun 24, 2003.

1. flibble

flibble
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Having bought a Pro-V (not the plus model) line doubler from scan a couple of days ago I've run into an issue with getting it to work with my Barco 800 Data.

My best guess at the moment is that the 0.3V sync lines (taken from the spec for the pro-v+, so is a best guess of the pro-v) are too low for the Barco to lock onto. Is there any way to boost the signal, or make the Barco less picky ?

I also read in an old post from a bloke called Atul that it's possible to make a modification to an RCVDS to boost the signal enough for the PJ to lock. I have an RCVDS 800 so if anyone has any details of the mod I'd be interested?

As always, your help is much appreciated.

Peter

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I doubt that the signal strength is the issue here though it may not help.
    The Data 800 will be expecting a negative sync value and the Pro-v will be putting out +ve syncs which most monitors can handle.
    If your projector has the multisync port three card in rather than EGA card then that is one alternative.

I don't know the PRO -V well enough but if it has a sync switch that is my favorite alternative. Hook it up to a monitor and explore the menus.

Failing that a box called an interface which switches the syncs can be had for between £10 and £100 2nd hand expect about £300 for a decent new one.

3. flibble

flibble
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hmm, I think the reason I missed the sync polarity was that I already used the same port RGBHV on the projector to do input from HTPC, I must have been quite lucky to get a graphics card that does negative sync (ATI All-in-wonder Radeon).

Looking through the projectors manual, would the RGB TTL port (is this what you meant be EGA?) be suitable for something with positive syncs ?

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    If it is the TTL card it won't work, it needs to be the RGB analogue card.

Remember EGA? thats what port three was originally designed for.

5. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Used to have that on my old 386 Win 3.0 machine.

That was fun, didn't know it worked on digital RGB though, cool.