1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro V 2 +

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by windfall, Oct 20, 2003.

1. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hi All
    Following a quick reply, I have to ask the question on this Pro V unit.

I currently have a Yamaha DSPA5, Pioneer DVD 414, X-Box, and Sky. Viewing via a 32" Philips TV and a Panasonic PTAE100.

I use the component from the DVD direct to the component in the PTAE100.

I also plug into the PTAE100 (using D-Sub) my Laptop for watching divx and use a SB MP3+ to output the 5.1 via optical into the amp.

I use a composite cable for viewing Sky and X-Box but will be upgrading to Sky+ when I move house so that I can replace the Composite with S-VHS as my Xbox is using the advanced connector thus using S-Video and Optical for the sound.

Also When I move I will be upgrading amp to a Yamaha 640SE, so that I can use the component via the amp.

Ok, hope you have a pic of my setup, now to a question, will the Pro V2+ actually do anything for me?

From what I have speed read and viewed it wont increase the Component quality, but will increase the Sky and xbox via SVHS? Is this accurate?

I have learnt a lot since this morning when I signed up for this forum! Cheers to all and merry xmas! (DOH)

Tone

2. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    When I update my DVD player to prob something with Progressive Scan (NTSC&PAL) will the PTAE100 benefit from that, as I cannot see if it is compatible with it.

Again thanks

Tone