Pro style drivers sealed

ultrabubu

Novice Member
Hi guys!
want to switch from six UM-18 in 6.2 net internal sealed enclosures, arranged in an SBA behind the screen, to eight pro style drivers like the LaVoce saf184.03(any other recommendations are welcomed) in the same enclosures( will build another two).My room is about 7/4.8/2.3m all concrete walls and ceiling and think has alot of headroom.
How can I predict or simulate how low do the eight pro goes in room and at witch spl?
Thanks.

Liammonty123

Hi guys!
want to switch from six UM-18 in 6.2 net internal sealed enclosures, arranged in an SBA behind the screen, to eight pro style drivers like the LaVoce saf184.03(any other recommendations are welcomed) in the same enclosures( will build another two).My room is about 7/4.8/2.3m all concrete walls and ceiling and think has alot of headroom.
How can I predict or simulate how low do the eight pro goes in room and at witch spl?
Thanks.
Have you got winisd? This will allow you to model the drivers in their enclosures to see spl at given frequencies etc. My guess is that 8 pro drivers may be roughly equal to 6 UM18s down low but have more spl higher up. Why do you want to make this move?

ultrabubu

Novice Member
Can I model just one or the summation of all 8 too?I want to hit just between 15 and 20Hz.the UMs don’t give me the clean,precise,quick midbass that I am looking for.
Thank you.

jason shep

Can I model just one or the summation of all 8 too?I want to hit just between 15 and 20Hz.the UMs don’t give me the clean,precise,quick midbass that I am looking for.
Thank you.
I also went with sealed pro drivers for the same reason & absolutely love the results.

Attachments

jason shep

That room looks awesome!! Witch model 15” Faital you choose?
Thanks, we were in a rented property then & the panelled wall was only to cover an ugly old electric fire, I’ll be installing the bass arrays again in our new place though.
The drivers are 15FH520.

jason shep

@mkohman, I think you are very well experienced to advise on this my good man, I too would be interested on your thoughts in the sound signature of each?

bigbucks

jason shep

Thats a lovely looking build!
Thanks dear chap, I’m looking forward to moving into our new home & having free reign to integrate the system into the interior but I do love the look of the vertical bass arrays.
I bet your LMS ultras kick some serious ass!
I’m looking forward to seeing what Ultrabubu produces?

bigbucks

Thanks dear chap, I’m looking forward to moving into our new home & having free reign to integrate the system into the interior but I do love the look of the vertical bass arrays.
I bet your LMS ultras kick some serious ass!
I’m looking forward to seeing what Ultrabubu produces?
Their not bad, for a pair they can hold their own but would really like another pair to ideally stack them. I have toyed with the idea of 2 vertical arrays before but have never gone through with it. I d imagine the room pressurisation to be immense!

jason shep

There is something special about the way a floor to ceiling array interacts with the room, there are many benefits, especially that they produce a more even response In the room, I’d been reading about them for years & very glad I gave them a shot :thumbsup:

Ringnut

Distinguished Member
There is something special about the way a floor to ceiling array interacts with the room

My most impressive bass experience to date was the 'Octosub' setup down at Gecko back in 2014, much like yours but with 18s, though the room was probably quite a bit larger. WOTW and War Horse were something else!

jason shep

My most impressive bass experience to date was the 'Octosub' setup down at Gecko back in 2014, much like yours but with 18s, though the room was probably quite a bit larger. WOTW and War Horse were something else!
I too experienced that Octosub, I didn’t know which way was up when I staggered out of there :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom