1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro Show Gold help please

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Tommy139, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Tommy139

Jan 27, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I have Pro Show Gold and found it to be an excellent program for making slideshows. But, I have not yet managed to burn a DVD with it.

When I go to make a DVD the program comes up with an error message as follows:

'You are using this computer as a non-administrator - PSG must be installed by an administrator to be able to write cds'.

Well I am logged on as an admin account and it was installed from an admin account.

I have tried everything I could think of to solve this with no success.

My o/s is Windows XP home SP2.

When the software was first installed there were 5 user accounts of which two of them were classed as "administrator".

I changed all the account types to limited apart from mine, so my account is the only admin account. Re-installed the software using my account log on therefore it is installed by an administrator.

It still would not burn a DVD, so I then uninstalled again, booted up into safe mode and reinstalled again but still get the error and no access to burning a DVD.

Any help or ideas from anyone would be much appreciated. :lease:
  2. pinatubo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    You need to be logged into the pc as a system administrator before you reinstall the program.

Funnily enough Nero gave me a similar problem on my works pcs but I was able to fix it by downloading a burning rights patch .I don't think Photodex supply such a patch