1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro Projector Seeked For Large Venues

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gopalsl, Sep 22, 2005.

1. gopalsl

gopalsl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for a good projector to take to various venues where the viewing audience of about 200 are occassionally glancing at my rear screen projection. I use the screen to show a link from a video camera and to show my digital camera pics during a wedding.

I have been hiring a Mitsubushi S290u which has 1600Lumens on LCD and 400:1 contrast ratio. I feel that i should now buy my own brighter projector.
    The issues i have to deal with is not having a great distance to projector onto and sometimes am not sqaure on so keystone is sometimes a problem.
    I am often behind a wall so I would definite need a cabled remote control.

I am looking to spend upto £3000 on a decent pro like projector. I see many like the Hitach CPX-1250 with vertical axis shift etc at about this price.. howver i also see BenQ DLP projectors of 3000 lumens at £1200 so am confused on what is so special about those costing double the amount.

I have a 54" x 74" Video Format rear screen so am looking for a minimal distance to fill up the screen at various venues.

Could some help on which direction and models to look at and should i be thinking about low budget units. I also need to buy a 2nd projector for backup to take to venues so perhaps some help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks alot.