Pro-Ject T1 Turntable Review & Comments

Very interesting, thank you for the review Ed. I was about to pull the trigger on an Audio-Technica ATLP120XUSB this week - this purchase would be my first proper turntable and would be going into an AV amp. As someone who is an absolute novice (read complete thicko here) and knows nothing about turntables, would the Pro-Ject be a better starter turntable? Bear in mind I'm looking for an initial plug and play, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Very interesting, thank you for the review Ed. I was about to pull the trigger on an Audio-Technica ATLP120XUSB this week - this purchase would be my first proper turntable and would be going into an AV amp. As someone who is an absolute novice (read complete thicko here) and knows nothing about turntables, would the Pro-Ject be a better starter turntable? Bear in mind I'm looking for an initial plug and play, thanks in advance.

Both are easy to set up but I'd give the nod to the Pro-Ject in performance terms.

Would the basic T1 without phono stage be Ok to use with either a Marantz 7010 or Denon X4500 avr as both these avr's have built in phono stages. I have both of these avr's in my systems, I am wondering if the avr's phono stages are as good or better than the T1 model with built in sound stage.

I was thinking of using it with the 7010 preferably as I think it is the more musical of the two avr's.

The T1 without phono stage seems to be available at the moment for £199 which sounds a bit of a bargain.

Cheers
Keith

Would the basic T1 without phono stage be Ok to use with either a Marantz 7010 or Denon X4500 avr as both these avr's have built in phono stages. I have both of these avr's in my systems, I am wondering if the avr's phono stages are as good or better than the T1 model with built in sound stage.

I was thinking of using it with the 7010 preferably as I think it is the more musical of the two avr's.

The T1 without phono stage seems to be available at the moment for £199 which sounds a bit of a bargain.

Cheers
Keith
J will be just fine

IMG_20200514_114610.jpg

Just received delivery this morning, giving it a first spin. Happy days :)

Just bought one for the kids with built in phono stage & matching Jamo S801PM active speaker with streaming excellent starter deck the T1

002lll.gif

HI,

Just bought the T1 along with Yamaha A-S201 amp and Wharfedale 9.1 speakers, sound is amazing..
Only queries I have are that changing the belt from 45 to 33 is a slight pain as I find the glass platter pretty stiff to remove, is this just newness?? Also to change vinyls you have to switch power on and off each time is that correct..? All in all though well happy..

T1 SB electronic speed control

T1PhonoSB-11-768x568.jpg

T1 SB + active speakers 2 boxes are cheaper than 3

Just bought one for the kids with built in phono stage & matching Jamo S801PM active speaker with streaming excellent starter deck the T1

.View attachment 1299253

Those Jamos are unusual enough looking to be interesting.

How would you describe them as active speakers? Worth the cash?

Edit.

Aha, powered rather than active I see. Still, good looking, especially in the white.

Last edited:
kids use them for playing records , gaming , streaming & as a TV/PC soundbar
great little speaker for a bedroom

Hi Ed,

I'm really keen to get a turntable and having read this review, and an older review on the Raga Planar One Plus I feel a bit lost.

Is there a turntable and speaker set up - model and/or brand - that you'd recommend for someone who would be listening to mostly hip-hop records?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Amz

hi guys

anybody played daft punk - homework on this turntable? skips on Around the world and Rollin and scratching ...could it be poorly pressed vinyl ( lot of info on the web on this topic ) or T1 is not good enough for this vinyl. Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Given the limitations to adjust the weight and anti skating, would it be possible to upgrade the cartridge to something like the Ortofon Red or Blue? Would it be compatible?
I have the T1 SB.
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom