1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro-ject Debut II Cartridge type

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Pickledcreeky, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Pickledcreeky

Pickledcreeky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Does anyone know if the cartridge on the pro-ject debut II is a T4P type or standard 1/2 inch mount? For example could I mount my goldring elektra on this TT?

Thanks

Kris.

2. mannyo

mannyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Dont know if they have changed the design, but 2 year old debut-ii has a standard ortofon cartridge not P-Mount.

3. Pickledcreeky

Pickledcreeky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok cheers for your help :thumbsup:

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  5. Pickledcreeky

Pickledcreeky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. Pickledcreeky

Pickledcreeky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just as an update I listened to both the pro-ject and th goldring. I personally prefered the goldring I think it had the better cartridge (In my opinion) But he also showed me some second hand turntables. He showed me a Linn LP12 it sounded nice but was a bit too expensive for me then he showed me an old ariston audio TT it has been fitted with a Signet XK50 tonearm and a goldring 1006 MM cartridge. The turntable is pretty old but it sounded great so I got it. It has a very heavy platter with a suspended tonearm and platter assembly. All of that for only 40 quid! Bargain It might look old but for that price I am not going to kick up a fuss I think the cartridge and stylus go for about £100 online