Pro Installer on Harmony site,...

dar2005

Novice Member
Anyone know if the 'pro-installer' login on the Harmony/Logitech site provides more resources than the normal login? It seems to be geared towards dealers, but just wondered if more functionality might be lurking inside there,...

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
This may not be that useful if you have already bought a Harmony, but my advice would be to use a remote that is more aimed at pro installer's needs such as the Philips Pronto Pro range, the Marantz RC5400 and RC9500 and finally the NevoSL remotes.

If you a truly looking for a very professional level of remote then you should be looking at brands such as Crestron and AMX.

hornydragon

dar2005 said:
Anyone know if the 'pro-installer' login on the Harmony/Logitech site provides more resources than the normal login? It seems to be geared towards dealers, but just wondered if more functionality might be lurking inside there,...
I dont think so it just aows you to update client profiles remotely i will find out shortly.......

Crusty have you ever used a harmony?

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
hornydragon said:
Crusty have you ever used a harmony?
Yes, I am also a retailer who sells them too. As someone who has programmed, used and sold these products I think i am in a pretty good position to make my own personal comments on them. I am not in the habit of dismissing things until I can do so from personal experience. I am pretty familiar with them and can appreciate what they do for the money but they are just not a 'pro-installer' product, not even close. They are a convenient and cheap over the counter product that requires minimal knowledge of programming or IR protocols and as such they suit the vast majority of people on here. However they do have their limitations, and once you have used and learned to program units such as the NevoSL, Philips Pronto Pro and Marantz RC5400 and RC9500 it is very easy to find reasons to dislike the Harmony range. Ultimately the main thing they have going for them is price, which these days is usually the top priority for most consumers.

hornydragon

Crustyloafer said:
However they do have their limitations, and once you have used and learned to program units such as the NevoSL, Philips Pronto Pro and Marantz RC5400 and RC9500 it is very easy to find reasons to dislike the Harmony range.
Now that is interesting..........as i know of several people and dealers who have gone the other way........I can think of loads of reasons to dislike the Harmony range (mostly from a dealer% POV) but few for the enduser