Pro Evolution Soccer Coming to X-BOX

Sick Boy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Pro Evolution Soccer Coming to X-BOX

Just read this on Codejunkies.com

Maybe of some interest to you xbox owners awaiting a decent football game. May have to purchase the green machine myself if it can be patched like the PC version.

Due for release in Q4.

Currently taking up all my time on the PS2, especially now that I have the new option file from PESfan.

:smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

not sure the xbox pad is quite upto the needs of pro evo to be honest.look at what they did to gta3 it was a nighmare reversing.

This has made my day, especially as the people on evo-web were saying just a few days ago there was no chance in hell of a XBox release. Don't know what you're on about with the XBox version of GTA, I for one think its an improvement (the controls can be changed aswell you know).

Rich

I imagine it would be patchable, as it is rumoured to be 'LIVE!' enabled as well. I for one much prefer the xbox pad to the ps2 pad. But then again it's what you are used to.

I hate how the thumbsticks are placed on the PS2, much more intuitive on xbox and GC, also the ps2 pad is far too small, and I don't get on well with the "s" xbox pad either.

*shudders* No Pro Evo Soccer! FIFA good! PES bad! They don't even have the official names of teams on it cos they've sold their names to FIFA. Get FIFA 2003. I've been told it's better than 2004.

I LIKE IT CUBE,i dont even believe you can mention fifa or any other game in the same sentence as the mighty pro,and just because a game doesnt have the official names doesnt instantly make it a bad game lol,and if thats whats been keeping you away from playing pro then you have missed out on a hell of a game of football :) the beautifull game and the most beautifull simulation of it PRO EVO KING OF ALL FOOTY GAMES :)

Originally posted by supersonic87
Don't know what you're on about with the XBox version of GTA, I for one think its an improvement (the controls can be changed aswell you know).

Rich

i dont like the fact you have to use the digi pad to reverse the camera view :mad: can you change that ????? its a bloody nightmare holding onto down on the digi and controll the car using analogue :mad:

Pro Evolution Soccer = Playability... The main reason why it run's rings round Fifa IMO.

I'd love it to have the real player names, but just having the real names is not a good enough reason to buy Fifa over PES now that both will be available on the Xbox.

Regards,
Iain.

Agree, PES/WE is all about playability. That is why PES outsells FIFA in Asia big time, where it is all about playability.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/conten...me=pub&aid=3107
Although FIFA Football 2004 outsold every other game last year in the UK, each edition of PES is traditionally celebrated to a far greater extent by commentators on its native PS2 format. And while the most recent clash of PES and FIFA may have gone EA Sports' way in a commercial sense, critically - and amongst industry football fans, we should perhaps note - PES typically rules the roost.

And from well respected game sites

First - the average score for all reviews so far for WE7 is 93% compared to FIFA2004 82% -
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/917621.asp

Some conclusions from well respected sites
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/worldsoccerwinningeleven7/review-1.html
And if you're one of the FIFA faithful, we'd be doing you a disservice if we didn't point out that there's never been a better time to switch teams.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/491/491237p1.html
All in all, WSWE7I is superb, the best of the bunch. And while it still has a ways to go feature-wise (if you compare it to the latest FIFA), the gameplay is still the best in the business.

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/reviews/review.pl?sys=ps2&game=we7
So if you missed last year’s debut and have thought to yourself, “FIFA, what have you done to my game?” Then you owe yourself to play WE 7. It is the best of the best in the soccer world of.

http://ps2.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r23032.htm
Let’s cut straight to the chase – Winning Eleven 7 International is the best soccer game on the market. Period.

http://www.gigex.com/playstation2/review/?id=283&source=00001
When it comes to a true soccer simulation, Winning Eleven has always been the critics' choice, and with this latest outing nothing has changed. Except for the better. To put it simply, it plays and feels like the real thing.

Wasabi.

Originally posted by SILVERBACK
i dont like the fact you have to use the digi pad to reverse the camera view :mad: can you change that ????? its a bloody nightmare holding onto down on the digi and controll the car using analogue :mad:

Yep if you click one of the analog sticks (can't remember which one) it shows the reverse view on mine, but I can't actually remember if I had changed it (don't think so)

edit: just had a game, and you hold the right stick back on default
settings

Rich

i`ll give that a whirl sonic cheers mate i hope it is like you say any way that digi pad is a nightmare lol.

lol I like it cube!!! You obviously haven't even played a PES game if you think FIFA's better. It's not rocket science to patch PES3 with all the correct kits, player names, team names, stadia, etc so that's hardly a reason not to buy the game. PES is more than just a normal video game, it really is football that you can play on your telle. KCET are simply genius's and must be applauded for making quite simply the best sports series (if not the best game series full stop) on any video game system to date IMO. Yes PES3 has some flaws still, but all that does is keep me excited about the next version which will be even closer to perfection and football heaven!

The joypad thing shouldn't be a problem as you can buy adapters to use PS2 pads on X-Box's instead of those awful pads that come with the machine. PES simply NEEDS 4 shoulder buttons, which can all be used whilst pressing one of the 4 main action buttons and the Dual Shock 2 is the perfect pad for the game.

To think that PES3 has had around 10-20 hours play per week since i bought it in November!! That's somewhere around 250+ hours play so far and the game just keeps getting better and better! Now that's what I call a value for money game!

Oh and for some very silly reason I bought FIFA2003 to compare it to PES2 and it entertained for about a week before I realised that under it's slick exterior was a very simple, shallow and dull game. Probably about 10-15 hours play in total before I was thrashing it on the highest level scoring virtually the same goal each time....NOT value for money at all. IMO FIFA is simply just for casual gamers who aren't really bothered about depth of gameplay and just like flashy graphics with the latest pop songs blaring away on the background.

originally posted by i_like_it_cube

*shudders* No Pro Evo Soccer! FIFA good! PES bad! They don't even have the official names of teams on it cos they've sold their names to FIFA. Get FIFA 2003. I've been told it's better than 2004.

C'mon mate - I always thought Cube owners liked playability over official licences anyday! Is that really the only thing stopping you from getting PES? Please don't tell me its because FIFA has better gameplay!

So come on then, how - for the befuddled amongst us, do you create a CD on your PC to change the kits / names / stadia for PES ?

I do admit to owning both, but PES is so much more intuitive with the movement of your team mates rather than cycling through individual players on Fifa.

But I would love to get all of the proper names / kits etc. So simply - how ???

Are these available on a website (name would be useful), and how do you burn them onto a CD which can be read by a PS2 ?

Lots of questions, but I am sure there are a lot of people out there - like me, who would love to hear a 'to the point' answer which we can all go out and do.

And once we have all patched our copies - then there really will be no contest...

:D

Here's are 2 links to a forum with loads of help on patching WE and PES games.

http://www.issextreme.com/forums/index.php?showforum=17

http://www.issextreme.com/forums/index.php?showforum=28

Basically you need to use a program like ISOBUSTER to get the info from the DVD.

Then use a ripkit program to patch the info on your PC

Then use WIN/CDR to burn the ISO in mode 2 (or use CDmage to convert) onto a CD.

Use the CD in your PS2

Like I say - read through the forums I have posted - also check www.evo-web.co.uk for help.

I think you need a chipped PS2 to make the patches work. Just by an X-port and check out some of the work on PESfan.com.

They really put some work in editing the option files and you can download them and transfer to PS2 using x-port. You can edit the stadium names correctly as well using a program thats been created. All without modding your PS2.

I don't know how they create some of the flags and badges which are really top class and have improved the games appearence no end.

yes sorry, should have mentioned that - your PS2 needs to be chipped.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom