Pro Evolution Soccer 6 Xbox 360 Reviews

What woud you rate Pro Evolution Soccer 6?

• Total voters

durera

Prominent Member
Reaction score
51BKl1yt-hL._SS400_.jpg

Seeing as this is one of the major games missing a review thread I figured it was worth creating one so we can see how AVF members rate this game in comparison with other potential favourites (See here for a list of other ratings threads -- Gears of War is currently the Forum's favourite game with 507 reviews and an average rating of 8.61!

A 10 should only be given for a landmark game that sets new rules, a 9 for a truly excellent game without flaw, and an average game that does things right but nothing special should get a 5 (not a 7 or 8 like some would have you believe).

Average score: 6.32
Number of votes: 25
% of 10 votes: 4%
% of votes 9 and above: 12%
% of votes 8 and above: 24%

Date updated: 29 August 2007

Only a 6 for me. It still has the core of a great PES game, but unfortunately it has been buried in a largely disappointing overall package. This was my most played game of the year, which says a lot.

Every time I play it I find myself wondering how something which has so many obvious flaws can be so damned addictive still, despoit all it's problems I still think it's an above average footy game; the best currently available on the 360.

This game was a great disappointment. Nothing about it felt next gen, playability was on a par with next gen FIFA (nothing to write home about)

I believe the old gen team are working on the next gen version of FIFA, the old black box version played a treat, so its FIFA 08 for me this year.

Awful!

I've always loved PES, from pes 1 on the PS2, but they rushed this out big time.

Impossible to shoot, terrible online, cut down editing.

Never the Prem teams licenced. (it's a money thing, get your wallet out Kionami:lesson:)

I think the next version has to improve massively, i'm actually looking at FIFA this year, as PES big time disappointed last year.

I'll try demos of both, i know pes will play better, but that's not enough with the current gen machines and all their power, the whole package needs to improve.

5 for me, simply average and I just haven't played it at all, which says alot seeing as the only games I had on the ps2 were pro evo. I was so excited last year and was so dissapointed, the thing was from watching the videos the game looked great, I just hope it's not de-ja vu this year :rolleyes:

I know I'm going to be at odds with everyone here, because for me it does so many things I want it to, and does them very well.

99% of my games are online; while Master League used to float my boat, it seems a bit redundant now online modes have been added - I can't seem to play an offline game without that nagging feeling that I'm missing the opportunity to beat some real opposition.

I still play this regularly - my 360 blog shows that I've played this nearly 1 day in 2 since it's been released last October, and that for me is just head and shoulders above any other game I've played to date, let alone other football games. It is simply the best football game I've ever played, and is a good progression from the previous iterations in the series from a gameplay point of view.

Fundamentally, PES6 plays a damn fine game of football. I mean, for 90 minutes on the pitch, you can express yourself, and generally, the better player wins through skill and judgement. Glitches are few and far between, and the ball physics just feels right to me, I can read where the ball is going to be. The players make intelligent runs (except they go offside too often) and the formations allow for clever tricks to fool the opposition.

That said, there is room for improvement. More online options - 2v2, tournaments, player rosters, better stats and rankings would all have been relatively easy to implement and have added alot. Better player differentiation would have helped too - Adriano was just so strong it unbalanced the game, and the 'weak' club sides were too weak. I didn't really miss the edit mode, as like I say, I play online so modifications aren't allowed here for understandable reasons.

From my point of view it plays well for short bursts, but is maybe a bit shallow. A bit of a Dannii Minogue, you might say.

8 (Excellent)

99% of my games are online; while Master League used to float my boat, it seems a bit redundant now online modes have been added - I can't seem to play an offline game without that nagging feeling that I'm missing the opportunity to beat some real opposition.

8 (Excellent)

I think the reason for me why it isn't a winner for me is due to the fact that master league is what pro evo is all about for me, and the a.i just isn't up to scratch this time round. Playing against a mate is as fun as ever, the gameplay is there but the a.i isn't and for me playing online is just pointless and feels like i'm going nowhere (if you know what I mean), I like the achievement of building my squad up etc.

I think alot of the review scores are going to vary depending how important online is, I'm sure that those that were looking to get stuck into a solid master league were left dissapointed, those playing online (don't mention the ranked idiots, that is not konamis fault, there are idiots on every game, and lag again has so many variables, I played people from these forums and lag was never a problem) had alot to like.

I think alot of the review scores are going to vary depending how important online is. <snip>
Undoubtedly, a person can only score something on their personal gain from it. The Master League is clearly poor, but to be honest, I've never even started it this time round, so to me it's kinda irrelevant! Everyone's opinion is equally valid though obviously, so should make for an interesting poll!

I know I'm going to be at odds with everyone here, because for me it does so many things I want it to, and does them very well.

I still play this regularly - my 360 blog shows that I've played this nearly 1 day in 2 since it's been released last October, and that for me is just head and shoulders above any other game I've played to date, let alone other football games. It is simply the best football game I've ever played, and is a good progression from the previous iterations in the series from a gameplay point of view.

Fundamentally, PES6 plays a damn fine game of football. I mean, for 90 minutes on the pitch, you can express yourself, and generally, the better player wins through skill and judgement. Glitches are few and far between, and the ball physics just feels right to me, I can read where the ball is going to be. The players make intelligent runs (except they go offside too often) and the formations allow for clever tricks to fool the opposition.

That said, there is room for improvement. More online options - 2v2, tournaments, player rosters, better stats and rankings would all have been relatively easy to implement and have added alot. Better player differentiation would have helped too - Adriano was just so strong it unbalanced the game, and the 'weak' club sides were too weak. I didn't really miss the edit mode, as like I say, I play online so modifications aren't allowed here for understandable reasons.

From my point of view it plays well for short bursts, but is maybe a bit shallow. A bit of a Dannii Minogue, you might say.

8 (Excellent)

I can only echo your thoughts Munkey. Although I don't play online (unless it's against mates who have it). mostly it is used for offline mate v mate games and tournies. I get an awful lot out of it. I don't bother playing single player at all so can understand why people don#'t like it. What I don't understand are those people who are comparing it to Pes1 2 3 and the diabolical 4. It is so many miles apart from them it's silly. 6 was just a glorified 5 for me, but you just can't compare it to the others. I'm coming from experience here and a lot of it. I've been playing these Konami games for the best part of 14 years now (God, that makes me old) and for me PES6 is the best version, just as I know pes7 will become the best version when it's released. As munkey points out, we all have opinions and it all depends on what we get out of it.

Solid 8 for me.

A 5 for me but give them kudos for not scoring a 1 (like FIFA RTWC) on thier first next gen game, a good effort but not a great game.

8 (Excellent)

QIA

I agree with all of the above and would also give it an 8.

I had never played PES online before this version and frankly i doubt i will ever play it offline for any extended period again. After somewhere in the region of 2000 games online between ranked and player matches i can honestly say this has been my favourite game this year (possibly ever).

Now i just have to decide whether to get 2008 on 360 or ps3!:D

I wish I'd given this a higher score now. I've rebought it, and it plays absolutely flawlessly online, even against EU players from Spain, France or Germany - it's a masterclass for all netcode.

The game itself is so deep, I've racked up 144 days of play since it's release and I just don't tire of it. Superb game.

It is pretty much the most addictive online experience i've ever had, online ranked games.

Amazing - it's the actual PLAYERS who make it good, you never know what your next opponents style will be like, it's a lot more subtle game than people gave it credit for.

I've racked up an insane amount of time on this game!

Great game. So what if some of the options are missing. This plays better (IMO) and looks better (no stuttering or choppy replays) than PES2008. 8/10.

The only downside is all my mates bought the new PES2008 and are refusing to "downgrade".

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom