Pro Evolution Soccer 4 - Xbox Scary Price

Geordie Jester

Prominent Member
Reaction score
(sorry to post in more than one place.......but....)

Just to let you know that blahdvd.com have this on preorder for 17.99 !!!

might be worth getting orders in quick before it could change !

http://www.blahdvd.com

Is this a genuine/reliable site? I've never heard of the company myself? Also, couldn't get link to work.

The site certainly looks fine, but I havent ordered anything else before. All confirmation emails and security steps look fine. Maybe someone else on here as had good service from them ?

They certainly look very like "play.com".

It looks so much like Play.com is eerie.

Ordered it from them as well, it would be rude not to at that price.

yeah. my thoughts too.

At least if a few of us buy from them, we can all club together to take legal action if its a scam !! :) <im joking by the way......im sure its fine>

I though that Blahdvd were the reincarnation of the dreaded Splashdvd.

Well, I've cancelled my Play.com order for this offer. Lets hope they get it out to us on it's release, (or earlier). Visiting my brother at uni that weekend so want to be able to take PES4 up there. Along with MP2. :)

As mentioned in the other thread about this, I've ordered mine too. I cancelled my order from sendit.com so it had better turn up!

Rob20, you could always buy it from a Game shop, take it up when you visit your brother, then return it within 10 days for a full refund, by which time your internet order should have shown up! Not that I advocate this type of thing :)

Thats Cheeeeeeep. Had to order it at that price. Always a bit suspicious when its that cheap definately a pricing error looking at the prices of all the other new releases, other that or a ploy to drum up users.

Good spot though :thumbsup:

Yeah great spot - can't let that one get away. :thumbsup: I noticed that as well Harris, that's the only real bargain on the site - it is like you say either an error or a loss leader. As they are a new site perhaps it is a marketing ploy to get more shoppers. There must be a certain percentage of people I guess who then buy a few other things whilst they are there.

I ordered 2 yesterday(me and me mate), just need to make sure they are pal as it dont say and i dont want to be getting NTSC copies.

Anyone?

Well its a UK site so I think its fair to assume PAL. I was tempted to buy a few copies to flog on ebay. I didnt though as its been proven before that when people start doing this no one ends up getting it at the low price.

If you have ordered the game at £17.99 and have received confirmation via email, you have entered into a contract with Blahdvd for the purchase of PES4. They can't change the price at a later date aas this would be altering the terms of the contract. Though they can change the price for future customers. :)

That’s not correct. It’s not a contract until they take payment I am afraid. Advertising a price and taking an order is merely an invitation to treat.

If you look on the site I am sure you fill find in the T&Cs something to this effect.

If they take payment they can’t change the price and are under a duty to supply the goods at that price. Until they take payment they could take the item "Off Sale" pending an investigation into a pricing anomaly. It happens all the time and there is nothing you can do. This is why all online orders state that any order is not accepted until payment is taken.

On many occasions you will get it at the price advertised as they don’t want the bad press. Incidentally on this occasion I believe they did take payment so we should be OK.

No problem guys. Glad to have spotted it. I just hope everything goes ok. I was on the website to order a DVD, when I was amazed to see this at such a low price.

Blah were one of the places listed on the kelkoo search engine. I hadn't heard of them before then.

Indeed that is correct - i've had online preorder purchases cancelled before by the company and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Also when you order through Blah they do say that payment will not be taken until item is dispatched - this covers their back as much as ours.

It definately seems that someone has put a 1 instead of a 2 but here's hoping we get it at £17.99!

harrisuk said:
That’s not correct. It’s not a contract until they take payment I am afraid. Advertising a price and taking an order is merely an invitation to treat.

If you look on the site I am sure you fill find in the T&Cs something to this effect.

If they take payment they can’t change the price and are under a duty to supply the goods at that price. Until they take payment they could take the item "Off Sale" pending an investigation into a pricing anomaly. It happens all the time and there is nothing you can do. This is why all online orders state that any order is not accepted until payment is taken.

On many occasions you will get it at the price advertised as they don’t want the bad press. Incidentally on this occasion I believe they did take payment so we should be OK.

I'm not sure if they take payment till they deliver the item. As for the legal implications, I was only basing it on a unit of law I did at uni a while back so it's a little hazy. For some reason I thought the prices on the site were an 'invitation to treat'. I have then offered to purchase PES4 at that price, which they have accepted. The proof being the email confirming the order. Surely the fact that no money has changed hands is immaterial. I've promised to pay them £17.99, and they've promised to supply me with the game. Though I do realise that a contract cannot be valid without some form of consideration. Still, as I said, it's been a while. :laugh:

Play have it down for release on the 29th Nov......I thought it was meant to be 17th ?

are you sure it was the xbox version?

all i can see on there is the pc version for £17.99

perhaps theyve removed it as they got swamped very quickly

uh oh. you are right. it has been removed. it was in the section XBOX then click "coming soon" it was on there

Yeah it was under Xbox, i sence a battle with Blah.

There wont be a battle they will either honour it or they wont. They have probably just taken the item off sale. It looked to me like they processed my card payment for it to be honest. If this is the case I am having it at that price.

Under my account it shows the order as processed but they have taken no money from my card. Also my receipt doesn't show a version so they'd better not palm me off with the PC version as that's not what I ordered.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom