Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

If anyone plays this who has played the demo, please let me know if it differs a lot... would be very interested to know.

It is so much smoother on PC compared to PS3 demo. The graphics really shine and the slowdown in replays etc gone (I am playing on MSI GT70 laptop). Game seems slower and you have to think about possession etc. I liked the demo but love the game. The advanced through ball is an excellent addition. Rather than simply playing the ball for you, it lets you move the cursor to where you want it to go. Great for putting it into space or beyond a defender.

If anyone plays this who has played the demo, please let me know if it differs a lot... would be very interested to know.

Very very different thankfully.

I was moaning about the xbox 360 game being so sluggish, but on the PC its very smooth and looks great which is to be expected. Some of the faces are still extremely bad though, but like people have said on here you can download patches etc.

For me it's still not perfect, but it's a million times better than the xbox demo imo

Had a few games and probably the most enjoyable football game yet. Really is excellent. Has anyone managed to work out how to update data pack. When the game loads it says a data pack is ready, and to go to Statistics on the top menu. Only problem is there is no option called statistics anywhere that I can find?

I noticed you've edited the post saying you have to download a patch first, where abouts do you get this from please?

Hopefully I can get on this after work. Not long now!

I assume you are all aware of the 1.01 patch plus DLC available?

Yes and Downloaded

No you can install on multiple. You only log in to play online. You will need the disk. Or an image of one...

Ahh, my lappy doesn't have a DVD drive! Gonna have to wait for steam release then, as I'd imagine any kind of "no-cd" patch would bork the online as they would assume I'm playing a dodgy copy?

Ahh, my lappy doesn't have a DVD drive! Gonna have to wait for steam release then, as I'd imagine any kind of "no-cd" patch would bork the online as they would assume I'm playing a dodgy copy?

The jenkey mod will do away with requiring a CD unless you want online

where's the pc demo? thought it should have been out.

Great to hear the good feedback on here. Keep the comments coming as you play more.

I've been snowed under with work so not had a chance to order yet but will...... I could possibly arrange to collect from shopto tomorrow if they still allow it as need to pass Bracknell......

Great to hear the good feedback on here. Keep the comments coming as you play more.

I've been snowed under with work so not had a chance to order yet but will...... I could possibly arrange to collect from shopto tomorrow if they still allow it as need to pass Bracknell......

Didn't know you could ever pickup? Bracknell isn't that far from me either so would be useful knowing in the future

The jenkey mod will do away with requiring a CD unless you want online

Online is a must for me, travel with my wee clevo gaming laptop and have a desktop gaming machine at home so must be a multiple install!

The more I play this the more it is starting to frustrate me.

The AI is really bad imo even at the top level, a couple of times their player has been running through and then for no reason just stops and loses the ball, ***?

When controlling the players, they still feel like they have a mind of their own and don't do what you want, maybe i'm just rubbish at the game though.

Love the tackles and the collision detection, one time I was running through and their player clipped one of my feet with his slightly and made me trip.

Fired this up last night and boy, this is going to take some re-learning after years with FIFA. But in my opinion, so far it's brilliant.

Started a league as AC Milan on Professional and it was just 0-0's which was really getting on my nerves, hoping it wasn't going to be dull. Then had a cracking game against Fiorentina, scored a belting free-kick and was very exciting to play.

Let's forget the fact that I lost it 3-1...

Can't wait for the kit mods to all get done.

EDIT: Can you change how attacking you are on the fly anymore? I remember you used to have the colours in the bottom corner when you used the D-Pad or something but I think that's all in the Game Plan menu(s) now, or am I missing something?

Fired this up last night and boy, this is going to take some re-learning after years with FIFA. But in my opinion, so far it's brilliant.

Started a league as AC Milan on Professional and it was just 0-0's which was really getting on my nerves, hoping it wasn't going to be dull. Then had a cracking game against Fiorentina, scored a belting free-kick and was very exciting to play.

Let's forget the fact that I lost it 3-1...

Can't wait for the kit mods to all get done.

EDIT: Can you change how attacking you are on the fly anymore? I remember you used to have the colours in the bottom corner when you used the D-Pad or something but I think that's all in the Game Plan menu(s) now, or am I missing something?

Not dived into the tactics section yet but it looks deep then ever before.

You can now set actual plays like in the NBA 2k games ie when you are say in the wings, you can specify that your striker goes down the wing dragging theg CB out of position and let the other winger come into the box hopefuly free for a cross to be received.

Anyways here are some pics i found

09l8.jpg

4vf8.jpg

m9kq.jpg

38dh.jpg

diq9.jpg

22hk.jpg

Anyone want to play some online games online?

Add me on steam and just message me there

Not dived into the tactics section yet but it looks deep then ever before.

You can now set actual plays like in the NBA 2k games ie when you are say in the wings, you can specify that your striker goes down the wing dragging theg CB out of position and let the other winger come into the box hopefuly free for a cross to be received.

To be honest I was a little bit overwhelmed with the number of options when I played last night and felt that I wasn't set up right, too defensive. So I messed with a few sliders which left me completely open!

Think it's dead pretty though - so glad that I shifted over to PC from the consoles (GTA 5 aside :laugh: )

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom