Pro Evolution 6 and FIFA 2007 next-gen versions exclusive to Xbox 360

M

Monkey Man

Microsoft has scored another major coup in the next-gen battle, revealing today that both Pro Evolution 6 and FIFA 2007 will be available on only one next-gen format – Xbox 360.

The two eagerly anticipated titles will be released on current generation platforms, but Microsoft has secured a 12-month lock-out on the soccer games for next-gen formats. This will mean that neither Pro Evolution 6 nor FIFA will be available for PS3 or Wii.

FIFA 2007 is due for release on September 29th, with Pro Evolution Soccer 6 set to follow in October.

http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=24298

Shouldn't this be in the xbox 360 section?

Anyways, well done MS, their certainally getting the games this time.
Although wii and PS3 owners won't be left in the dark though, as if I'm right both consoles are backwards compatible, and so should be able to player the gamecube (for the wii) and PS2 (for the PS3) versions. So although they may not get the "next gen graphics" they should still be able to play the game

Is it much of a coup though? Its not surprising there wont be version of these games this year for the ps3... they are ready for out and there's no ps3 hardware to play them on yet...

WelshBluebird said:
Shouldn't this be in the xbox 360 section?

I've put it in the 360 section as well but thought a lot of PS3 fans would be interested as well.

Ha, this could be quite funny. While the XBOX360 retains exclusivity for Pro Evo 6 it doesn't necessarlity mean that Pro Evo 7 won't be out on Playstation3 within 12 months. In terms of legalities how would this work?

cooldawn said:
Ha, this could be quite funny. While the XBOX360 retains exclusivity for Pro Evo 6 it doesn't necessarlity mean that Pro Evo 7 won't be out on Playstation3 within 12 months. In terms of legalities how would this work?
I'm pretty sure Microsoft's legal team thought of that one! :rotfl:

micks_address said:
Is it much of a coup though? Its not surprising there wont be version of these games this year for the ps3... they are ready for out and there's no ps3 hardware to play them on yet...

Exactly.

micks_address said:

agreed. remember the 360 launch, because fifa 06 was released before it, it wasn't released on 360. The 360 had road to the world cup instead.

WelshBluebird said:
agreed. remember the 360 launch, because fifa 06 was released before it, it wasn't released on 360. The 360 had road to the world cup instead.

..and what a PoS that was!

So are all the knockers saying that it doesn't matter that there's no top flight football game on the PS3 untill late 2007? Personally I'd say that is a big blow to the early days of the format but maybe I'm just crazy.

Monkey Man said:
Microsoft has scored another major coup in the next-gen battle, revealing today that both Pro Evolution 6 and FIFA 2007 will be available on only one next-gen format – Xbox 360.

The two eagerly anticipated titles will be released on current generation platforms, but Microsoft has secured a 12-month lock-out on the soccer games for next-gen formats. This will mean that neither Pro Evolution 6 nor FIFA will be available for PS3 or Wii.

FIFA 2007 is due for release on September 29th, with Pro Evolution Soccer 6 set to follow in October.

http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=24298

....Does that include the Winning Eleven series does anyone know? (Jap Pro Evo?)

bishman said:
So are all the knockers saying that it doesn't matter that there's no top flight football game on the PS3 untill late 2007? Personally I'd say that is a big blow to the early days of the format but maybe I'm just crazy.

Thank God for PS2 BC in that case!

Mickus said:
Thank God for PS2 BC in that case!
Really? Didn't play any PS1 games on my PS2 and won't be playing PS2 games on my PS3. Thankfully I have a 360 for nextgen footy fun.

Mickus said:
....Does that include the Winning Eleven series does anyone know? (Jap Pro Evo?)
Nobody seems to know for sure yet. Haven't seen any PS3 announcements regarding WE yet though. Does it make any difference for Europe anyway if games are region locked? I don't know if games will or won't be locked.

bishman said:
Really? Didn't play any PS1 games on my PS2 and won't be playing PS2 games on my PS3. Thankfully I have a 360 for nextgen footy fun.

Excellent, I'm pleased for you. I hope it's worth the extra tenner.

runam0k said:
I'm pretty sure Microsoft's legal team thought of that one! :rotfl:

It does specifically say Pro Evo 6 and Fifa 2008 - those two titles won't be able to appear on PS3 or Wii in the next 12 months i.e. the Pro Evo 6 brand, nothing else. All it says is that they can't come out on the PS3 or Wii machines. And considering Konami haven't been producing Nintendo games since Winning eleven 6: FE, that doesn't surprise me. PES's biggest base is on the PS2

Pro Evo 7 (a different game) and Fifa 2008 (yet another different game) can (and will) appear before the 12 months is up, believe me.

The fact that Pro Evo 6 isn't coing out on PS3 makes sense, no-one has one yet... and probably hardly anyone will have one until may next year anyway! Not enough market to generate a satisfactory revenue from the time (and cost) in development of producing pes6 for it.

I will eat my hat (via my live vision camera) if there is not a next gen pes incarnation before the 12 months is up.

I am very confident of my source on this one ;)

Kube said:

If you can't construct a decent argument I politely suggest you don't bother posting at all or choose a forum more suited to your criticism. :)

If it helps, I'm part of the admin team at pesfan.com so the information we receive is not usually incorrect wrong, given it's a Konami official site.

Christophe - not sure what you mean... If the '12 months' clock starts on the day of the respective releases (Pro Evo 6 and FIFA 07), Pro Evo 7 and FIFA 08 will be right on time i.e. released after the 12 month exclusivity contract.

If you're referring to an earlier release of either game, say spring 07, you're almost certainly wrong.

Both games are annual releases. (Konami had two different versions of Pro Evo i.e. Pro Evo and Winning Eleven, but as far as I understand they're merging the two for next gen... It'll be called Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 7.) It's no different to Smackdown; PS3 is missing out on this year's iterations.

Mickus said:

doubt it. I can't see Konami letting MS have Winning Eleven on the 360 which has sold rubbish in Japan. Probably just pro Evo

runam0k said:
Christophe - not sure what you mean... If the '12 months' clock starts on the day of the respective releases (Pro Evo 6 and FIFA 07), Pro Evo 7 and FIFA 08 will be right on time i.e. released after the 12 month exclusivity contract.

If you're referring to an earlier release of either game, say spring 07, you're almost certainly wrong.

Both games are annual releases. (Konami had two different versions of Pro Evo i.e. Pro Evo and Winning Eleven, but as far as I understand they're merging the two for next gen... It'll be called Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 7.) It's no different to Smackdown; PS3 is missing out on this year's iterations.

If I'm pedantic WE usually had 2 releases a year - I know, because I've been getting them for the past 2/3 years but's that's irrelevant.

I have it on good authority that there will be an incarnation of pes7 (in some guise) sometime during spring, but we'll see.

The Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 7 I think is a working title tbh and is the name that maybe given to the North American Market (cetrainly the name being banded about on IGN. Not 100% on that though.

That's what I thought. 2 'games', 2 release dates. Spring for WE, and fall for Pro Evo (although esstenitially they are the same games).

What's to stop Konami releasing a global WE:11 in the spring for the PS3?
Even if it ain't global, I'm sure it'll be region free....

Christophe said:
(cetrainly the name being banded about on IGN. Not 100% on that though.

Official Konami site getting info from IGN. Pure class!

Secondly, i use this site on a daily basis so please refrain from asking regulars here to find another forum when you hardly post a thing here.

Kube said:
Official Konami site getting info from IGN. Pure class!
:rotfl:

I'd be VERY surprised if Microsoft's agreement with Konami allows Konami to release a Winning Eleven title for PS3, in Japan or anywhere else. (And let's face it, Winning Eleven, Pro Evo, they all iterations of the same game, just localised versions.)

But we'll see.

people pretending that there will be other versions within the next 12 months there wont be, its 12 months exclusive, there is no world cup coming next year there will be no world cupedition we are now back to the 1 year cycle whihc mean that fifa07 will not appear on ps3 aswell as pes6, both will come out in 2007 as fifa08 and pes7 12 months from now or later

Next gen version will be exclusive to Xbox 360 for next 12 months.

Lets think about this why put 12 months on it was simply Fifa07, PES06 and they were going to release pes7 and fifa08 in 6 months time, would the fif07 then go on sale in 12 ..

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2006/08/23/537011.aspx

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom