1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro Evolution 3

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by david plunkett, Mar 26, 2003.

1. david plunkett

david plunkett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,
    Am looking to get a console in the next few weeks, mainly for pro evolution 3. Has anyone played it yet and does anyone happen to know which console it is best on so i can decide which one to get?

2. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well it hasn't even been officially confirmed yet so I doubt anyone has played it :)

Pro Evo 2 is exclusive to the PS2 as are most of the Japanese versions (called Winning Eleven). The latest version has just been released for the JAP cube though so thats another option. There are no versions for the Xbox.

But W.E. would mean you'd need to import or chip a ps2 or buy a cube and the Freeloader disc.

If you want to stick to domestic games (PAL) then get a ps2 and the latest game, Pro Evo 2

3. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you're a little confused!

I doubt Pro Evo 3 will be out this year. ISS3 is out shortly, but it's an entirely different game - it's made by a different development team.

There was a thread about all this stuff just last week - have a look a bit further down the page.

4. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Pro Evo 3 WILL be released (it'll be a conversion of WE Final Evolution) - probably October 2003 time over here. It's not been announced but it will be in development now.

5. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any sources for that? I thought Winning Eleven 7 was going to be a whole new engine, and therefore wouldn't be out any time soon.

To be honest WE6:FE is more than enough to keep me going for a while, so I'd be quite happy to see them go away and concentrate on coming up with something completely new.

6. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I didn't say anything about WE 7. AFAIK Pro Evo 3 will be a conversion of WE:FE just as Pro Evo 2 was a conversion of WE6 and so on and so forth.

WE7 will probably be a whole new game (don't see what they're gonna do though? Or why - its fine the way it is IMO). I thought the only change between WE:FE and WE7 would be online play (again just a rumour)

7. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Is there any difference with WE6 & PES2?
    If so doe's it play ok on 1.6 freeloader?

Cheers

8. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I don't know if there are any differences. I haven't played a WE game since WE5 I think. They're basically the same though. I think one is slightly more 'arcadey' than the other.

AFAIK it works fine with freeloader 1.06. Try and get someone to confirm it thought

9. blackhammer

blackhammer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    In answer to your question Liverpool, WE6FE is in "pro evo" terms IS different from PES2 and in my opinion much better.

Just to clarify, i will talk about the Jap Cube version which runs perfectly with freeloader V1.06. Basically, they have added new animation to the game, the graphics are superior to the PS2 version, I have played both, players can take long shots without the ball ballooning up into the air unrealistically, all the teams have been updated with the latest transfers so Rivaldo is at Inter, Ronaldo at Real, etc etc, it's smoother, faster, has far more stats to look at after the games, your players get a rating out of 10 - nice touch. Its awesome.

Its easily the best version of the game yet and after contacting Konami last week, this game will NOT be released in the states or over here so go and buy it! - www.yesasia.com sell it for around £40 and I received it in 6 days from Hong Kong. The only problem with the game is the menus are in Japanese but if youve played PES2 you will know how to navigate through these. Now stop reading this and go order it, its the best game you'll ever play!!!!

10. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Cheers for that blackhammer:smashin:
    I have every pro evo thats been out on ps1 & ps2.
    I love PES2 so i'll go get this soon :clap:
    One more thing all the commentary will be in jap right?
    Also doe's it save ok on pal memory cards?

Cheers

11. blackhammer

blackhammer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    No worries mate!

Believe me, if you loved PES2 as much as I did, you will definitely love this game more!

You got it, the commentary is all in Jap, its hilarious at times, random english words are thrown in there but i wont spoil anything.

You will need to buy a 251 mem card and use that soley for the game, as if you create a save file on your existing mem card it will format it and wipe all existing saves as the game is Jap. - It pushes the cost of the game up as you will need the game, mem card and freeloader, but its worth it in my opinion as i never owned a PS2.

Not wishing to deter you from buying it at all, but it will take you ages to edit the teams and put in the english names of all players. Some people are selling pre-edited mem cards so you dont have to do it, but i will get there eventually.

And by the way, Liverpool are excellent in this game Owen and Diouf up front is a deadly combination.

12. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yeah i had heard about the edit disc but you need a jap GC for that as it won't work with freeloader:( i heard that on the edge forum.
    I have freeloader so it's just the game & card i need.
    I'll just edit the names on the liverpool team:rolleyes: shame owen & diouf are not like that in real life eh?:D

Again thanks for your time :)
    I look forward to playing this very soon:clap:

13. blackhammer

blackhammer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You will love it mate - Enjoy!

Im actually driving up to Liverpool this evening to see the missus, am looking forward to a few beers on the weekend in the city centre and checkin out some of the lovely women you have up there!

14. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I misread what you said.

My understanding is that the next PES game will be based on WE7, rather than WE6:FE. I guess we'll see. I don't mind either way.

Why make a whole new game? To make it better! The WE6 engine is still flawed in certain ways (e.g. players not running towards the ball etc), and even though this can now be overridden by the player, it's not perfect. It seems natural to take the existing engine as far as you can and then ditch it and start again with something more powerful and ambitious. That's how the innovation and significant steps forward will be made.

With regards to the PES2 Vs WE6:FE discussion, I'm in favour of WE6:FE. I think it's massively improved.

15. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    COMPLETE RUBBISH.

winning eleven fe series is merely a stocking filler for the japanese which is released each xmas with a few bug fixes and gameplay tweaks.

PES3 will be based on the advances made by WE7 which will be released around august, PES3 is supposed to follow around late october early november.

16. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    The best version of this game is easily winning Eleven 6 FE on the PS2 with the WEDoit2 patch.

17. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    So when did you start working for KONAMI then?

Only messin:p
    October-november can't wait:clap:

18. blackhammer

blackhammer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Good one.

19. Ashy

Ashy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    the final evolution version is the best out so far, pro evo 2 and winning eleven international are pants compared to it.

getting into ISS3 a bit although there are some irritating bugs in it with through balls and passing.

20. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135

Well if PES2 is pants compared to final evo, then i can't wait to play it. as i think PES2 is the best soccer game ever, i can't stop playing it :)

21. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that WE6: FE is far superior to PES2. It's not dramatically different, but it has lots of little improvements that add up to make it a far better game overall. To me it's the game PES2 should have been.

22. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    So come on then what improvements have been made?
    Apart from the graphics:)

23. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wrote a review for an online mag (www.lostdigital.net). Unfortunately it's a downloadable mag so I can't just post a link.

However, if you go to that address and then download issue 1 then you can read my review.

24. Ashy

Ashy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    liverpool: its faster, the ball physics are better and shots seem more realistic, passing has been improved and in general all the gameplay has been tweaked.

as far as im concerned the gfx arent really any different, its how it plays. and final evo takes a big dump on the pes games :)

dont bother with the international one either, as its basically pes2 for the US.

25. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I did the download & read "Willy writes" is that the one because it didn't say anything about the improvments in there:confused:

26. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Right i thought we were talking about WE6 on GC, well i was anyway is this another PES for ps2 that your talking about:confused:

27. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, although that was me too! There's a WE6:FE review in there somewhere. Take a look on the contents page - there should be a link.

28. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We're talking about the PS2 version, but the GC one is pretty much the same apparently (but you can't patch it). In fact, I think the GC one is supposed to be slightly better in 1-player.

29. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    International is the US version, I believe. Based on PES2 rather than WE6: FE, so not really worth bothering with for us.

30. Ashy

Ashy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    anyone got a link to some screenshots/movies of the GC one? curious to see it