Pro Evo6 now works fine with update!!

pixels

Very grateful for the update sony, ta! :thumbsup:

This has now become my best PS3 game!! :D

winstano

One step closer to offloading the PS2 to the girlfriend! Just need guitar hero 2 to work... (I've read that it does, but I want absolute confirmation before I shell out for an adapter for the controller...)

SteveG

I know I'm a bit behind the times, but has anyone tried an older Pro Evo? I'm hoping this has fixed all versions as I'm still on Pro Evo 4..

pixels

Now we just need a way to get patches or option files onto the ps3 without buying one of those memory card adaptors.

Junglist

I know I'm a bit behind the times, but has anyone tried an older Pro Evo? I'm hoping this has fixed all versions as I'm still on Pro Evo 4..

I'm on PES5...so gonna check tht tonight...if it doesnt work i'm gonna get 6 cos i miss pro evo badly!

EDIT: just checked play.com...its £19.99...might just get it anyway

RickyVilla

I can't test this as my copy will not turn up until next week but there seems to be a way to get an option file onto the ps3

http://files.filefront.com/BESLES_54203504553364F5054PSV/;7104975;/fileinfo.html

download the file above and then follow these instructions.

Directions to use PS3 compatible file:

1. Place .psv file in folder "ROOT:\PS3\EXPORT\PSV\filename .psv"
2. On PS3 menu, go to Game then Memory Card Utility (PS/PS2)
3. Select your device and the Option File
4. Copy the Option File to an internal memory card
5. Set the internal memory card to Slot 1

As I say, i can't test it but the original thread is here.

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=48244

RMGEE

Can anyone tell me how the PS2 version differs from the Xbox360 version.

I was a fan of PES 5 on the PS2 but then got a 360 and brought PES 6 and was really disapointed so I changed over to Fifa 07.

Does anyone know if Fifa 07 works since the update ?

Thanks

Rich

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
One step closer to offloading the PS2 to the girlfriend! Just need guitar hero 2 to work... (I've read that it does, but I want absolute confirmation before I shell out for an adapter for the controller...)

I can confirm 100% that GH 2 works i have run it myself as has my cousin and we have both ordered an adapter for it.. :thumbsup:

Turb007

Just a quick what aspect ratio does PES6 PS2 play on on PS3? I have a LCD ..will it be 576p and will I have black bars either side ?

AQU4RIUS

great news!

now is there anyway to rename all the premiership teams, without doin them one by one?

AQU4RIUS

I can't test this as my copy will not turn up until next week but there seems to be a way to get an option file onto the ps3

http://files.filefront.com/BESLES_54203504553364F5054PSV/;7104975;/fileinfo.html

download the file above and then follow these instructions.

Directions to use PS3 compatible file:

1. Place .psv file in folder "ROOT:\PS3\EXPORT\PSV\filename .psv"
2. On PS3 menu, go to Game then Memory Card Utility (PS/PS2)
3. Select your device and the Option File
4. Copy the Option File to an internal memory card
5. Set the internal memory card to Slot 1

As I say, i can't test it but the original thread is here.

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=48244

Place .psv file in folder "ROOT:\PS3\EXPORT\PSV\filename .psv"

can u explain this part? do i need to save it on to a memeory stick first? i dont understand where the root file is.

prvjoker

Can anyone tell me how the PS2 version differs from the Xbox360 version.

I was a fan of PES 5 on the PS2 but then got a 360 and brought PES 6 and was really disapointed so I changed over to Fifa 07.

Does anyone know if Fifa 07 works since the update ?

Thanks

Rich

the PS2 is vastly superior, especially online play (up to 4v4). Check this

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/ps2/pro_evolution_soccer_6/review.html

the only thing the 360 PES beats the PS2 for is widescreen and HD gfx but even then, there's slowdown!

You can also have clans online and I have played in many heated 2 v 2 clan matches...loads of fun.

I can't even believe how people can tolerate any Fifa game after having played PES.

RMGEE

the PS2 is vastly superior, especially online play (up to 4v4). Check this

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/ps2/pro_evolution_soccer_6/review.html

the only thing the 360 PES beats the PS2 for is widescreen and HD gfx but even then, there's slowdown!

You can also have clans online and I have played in many heated 2 v 2 clan matches...loads of fun.

I can't even believe how people can tolerate any Fifa game after having played PES.

Thanks for that, my wallet is now £17.99 lighter, just ordered a copy from gameplay (cheapest I could find).

Think I'll need a bit of practice before I play online though.

Rich

Primmy

What great news!!! Now with the update i can play Pes6, just found an option file to load up, only thing missing is being able to transfer my game save without having to buy that stupid memory card converter which becomes useless after you have used it......

Sony didnt miss a trick there, another money making gadget, just like the dualshock converter....

I prefer fifa07 on the 360 than the ps2 version and I prefer it to pes6 on the 360 but prefer pes6 on the ps2

but since my mate dave has my ps2 pes6 any know if fifa07 works online yet?

kevin_irl

Im not too sure if it plays online - I couldnt get it online with my ps2 either - some problem with my router rather then the system. But It gets to the stage where it tryes to connect so I would guess that online is working.

Jim_Fear

can u explain this part? do i need to save it on to a memeory stick first? i dont understand where the root file is.

Root is the top of the file structure, like on your PC root is C:\, if you whack a memory pen in your PC and its given the letter E: then all aquarius means is E:\PS3\EXPORT\PSV\filename.psv, does that make sense?

RickyVilla

On a memory stick or card create a PS3 folder, then inside that a EXPORT folder and then inside that a PSV folder. Put the download in there. The transfer works, I've just done it but because my PES6 copy has not arrived I can't test it.

Hope that helps, I got the instructions from another board. If it does work come back and tell us :thumbsup:

Cheers.

gurka

:D :D Fan-fanny-tastic !!!! does it work online ??

Ratinho

Just to help anyone, i was confused at first by the transfering of the option file:

---------------------------------------------------

[Tutorial] Transferring Files with a USB Jump Drive
If you have a USB flash memory, jump drive or what ever else you want to call it. You can transfer files from your computer to your PS3 with it. The only negative thing is, they never explain how to do it.

You will need to put the pictures/mp3s/movies into separate folders in your USB drive.

(note: G is the drive that was assigned to my USB jump drive. I use it just to show that the folders should be created in your drives main directory.)

Music: G:\MUSIC
Movies: G:\VIDEO
PS1 and PS2 saved games: G:\PS3\EXPORT\PSV
PS3 saved games: G:\PS3\SAVEDATA

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm assuming you can set up the same folders on a mem card (like you say, pro duo) and do it that way. I did it with a USB stick. Basically what rickvilla said, just thought another one wouldn't hurt.

So much easier to get updated option files onto the PS3. :)

Robbie Razzler

When i got my ps3 i tried pes6 and i couldn't even select the network option, but now i can but i can only get up to the 'connect to network' bit and there it asks me to load up my internet settings from memory card, since i don't have memory card from ps2, how will get this connected?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sharp showcases its upcoming 4K TV and audio line-up
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
HiFi Rose announces all-in-one RS520 audio streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022