1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro Evo, X Box help.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by welshpaul, Nov 28, 2004.

1. welshpaul

welshpaul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Cracking game but need some help.

Does the black button and the right thumbstick do the same thing?

Can someone give me some idiots guide to the special moves?

Cheers.

2. barrybarryr

barrybarryr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Can someone please tell me how to score freekicks?

Am I the only one who finds it impossible?

3. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Do the challenge mode training, especially for the free kicks. Its really very useful, you learn alot of the moves you can do in-game.

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    No the Black button & the right thumbstick do different things - The black button is a fast dribble which can be also used to sidestep and turn quickly - you can use it to dribble quickly with good control, which obviously you lose when you sprint/dribble with the R trigger.

The right thumbstick is used to tricks like 360 rotation, step overs & feints, as well as manual pass. As Lorenzini mentioned do the training mode - this is essential to anyone new to the game. Also the manual is actually of some use this time so read that for an overview of the moves. The good thing about PES is that you can't just pick it up and be good and the only way to become profficient with the moves is to keep practicing them. Start off by just using the basic controls and then add in the odd special move to your repertoir one by one until you can perform them in game to a decent level.

5. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    I find using the d-pad gives the most dip and swerve to free kicks. Try using this when taking them, also never put the power bar over halfway. Oh and try to make sure that the person taking the kick can actually take free kicks, ie @ UTD Van Nistlerooy is down for free-kick duty but is useless at them. And as everyone else has suggested use the TRAINING mode for hone your skillz

6. Scott23

Scott23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +244
    Try holding a shoulder button down as the player strikes the ball. This helps with dip. Also, hold whichever your pass button is as the free kick is struck as this adds dip to the ball.

Holding down on the joypad makes the ball curl more but it will balloon up really quickly if you have too much power on.

Holding up on the joypad will add pace to a shot but it will also go out of control if the power is not spot on.

Adding left/right on the joypad as you do these will add curl to your shot (try it with Roberto Carlos or Beckham to see this effect!).

Check out the FAQs on the sites about PES 3 as all the info holds true. Happy gaming!!

I am a PS2 player and I love PES4. Only wish we could play online like you XBOX owners!

7. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Then I strongely suggest that you pop your self off down the shop and buy one!!!
    Pro Evo4 + xbox live + whipping some spotty whinging french kid 5-0 = PRICELESS

8. LinkinRuss

LinkinRuss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

how u gettin alone paul? im in the same position as you. im really **** at the game :( i need :lesson:

9. welshpaul

welshpaul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yep Linkin, I too find it difficult to master the special moves!!!

As an older gamer i find it hard to get the combinations right to pull off those killer moves.

PES4 is great, sadly i am not.

10. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    The more intricate moves in PES take years to master - i've been playing for about 6 years since ISS pro evo on the PS1 and still don't use all the moves. Step overs are easy - just double tap the L trigger, roulettes are easy - just a 360 degree rotation of the R stick, Super cancel is easy (although not on an Xbox pad) R1 & R2 or R & Black Button on the XB pad, chips are pretty easy to get the hang of L trigger & Square. Along with the 3 different dribbling speeds and the sidestep those are the only tricks I use in general play. I can do some of the feints but haven't learnt them well enough so that they become a natural move in a game.

You really have to build your ability with experience in PES, there isn't a short cut. It's all fair and well looking at a page of moves but learning them so that they become as natural as shooting and passing takes a long time and a lot of patience. The best way is to give yourself a target to become competent in a certain skill and after trying it out in training mode move on to trying it out against real opposition until it all clicks. Then move onto learning another skill. Don't overload yourself by trying to learn them all at once as you'll just get confused. :thumbsup:

11. scary

scary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    This game is awesome... I've got it on Xbox. Just want to know which control method do people use/prefer:

D-pad or left Analogue stick?

I use the stick - cos Im used to it, it's comfy and yet still sensitive. But I have found that "iamtheone's" comments about using the D-pad for shooting, moving kicks and swerve(!) totally founded (Im sure its not a placebo effect!).

Mark
    gamertag: scaryprowler

PS - played Jonathan Ross the other night on Live! 4-1 to me!!!