Pro Evo Soccer 5..... live

VILLAn66

Novice Member
Hi there

I noticed that the XBOX forum are organising a live night and are talking about arranging a PES5 live session once the game is out.

Do any of you PS2 officianados play on-line? Are you planning on playing PES5 on-line? I am in the process of setting myself up on-line for PES5 (wireless kit on its way) and wondered if any of you are planning the same.

I know that XBOX live is much better than the PS2 equivalent but, in my opinion, the PS2 versions of PES win hands down and this is what I have ordered. Therefore, if any of you would be keen to lock horns.... I'm up for it. :devil:

Leprekorn

I have just set up my PS2 wirelessly and I am looking for other people to plat PES5 with so count me in.

Tom Tom

I have a PS2 online as its free (unlike XBox) so If I get the game I would be up for some of that

VILLAn66

Novice Member
Nice one... looks like i'll make the semi-finals at least. :D

We'll sort something out after the 21st then.
I've been playing WE9 and so can't wait to try out PES5 on-line.

thefantasticmrh

Novice Member
Hopefully I'll be around too. I played online with Xbox Live, but never got over the lag. Online options on the PS2 made me sell my Xbox, as I it was the only game I really played on it. I'll be happy to play anyone and won't quit out if I'm getting a beating!

Leprekorn

I think the sunday eveinibg would be a good day to play. Gives people a chance to get used to the new controls.

Mickus

I'll be there ! (so will at least 6 of our clan).

I wasn't one of the beta trailist selected for beta trails for PES5 on the Ps2 - but the lads who played it said there was no lag. Primarily 'cos there are no comms - but text chat / taunts via keyboard are support. So get your USB keyboards hooked up !

VILLAn66

Novice Member
Sounds like there are few of us ready to play.

I haven't played PS2 or XBOX on-line yet so it will take me a while to get myself sorted.

Is it fairly straight forward to find people you want to play against? If we keep in touch via this thread we can sort a date / time acceptable to all, nearer the time. Roll on the 21st :clap:

Leprekorn

Sounds like a good idea to me. I was hoping to get enough people to gether for maybe a league and cup competition. I'm not sure of the depth of online on PES5 but if this was possible it would be great.

Mickus

Apparently PES5 has a online league you can setup....So you should be able to setup an 'AVForums League' and challenge players in that league for games...

Leprekorn

This is sounding better all the time Any idea whether this wil be a log through Central station deal or there own online area.

Mickus

...5 minute PES5 Demo now available in this months Official Playstaion 2 mag - November issue. (it's the same as the PC version released last month)

Playable teams are:-

Arsenal
Chelsea
Valencia
Real Madrid

VILLAn66

Novice Member
Got my wireless router, wireless adapter and PS2 network adapter up and running. Just need the game now! :clap:

Are we still looking at a sesh on Sunday?

Leprekorn

I think so. Around 6 in the evening sound good. I will post my online alias once I find out what I can use and we can try and take it from ther.

VILLAn66

Novice Member
I went through about 6 or 7 handles before I found one that wasn't already in use :( . I've gone for Minanda (one of the Evo default players).

Just a thought, When I registered on the on-line service, it said that they would post a pin number to me in the next three weeks. Is this (lack of a) pin number going to stop me playing on-line?

Leprekorn

From what I understand you should be able to play on your temp pin for 40 days. But a lot of the PS2 games don't use the central station and you have to set up a new account with there own servers eg EA. If its on central station my handle is Leprekorn howvere I have a feeling you will need to set up on konami's own servers I will just have to wait and see.

VILLAn6 what wireless set up are you using. I have just set up my wireless network at home using Netgear and i just wondered what yours was.

thefantasticmrh

Novice Member
Could we ask site admin to rename the Pro Evo 4 forum? Then it may be easier to organise online games/competitions without cluttering the PS2 & PS3 forum.

I haven't used Network Play yet, is it as easy as live to add friends?

VILLAn66

Novice Member
Leprekorn said:
VILLAn6 what wireless set up are you using. I have just set up my wireless network at home using Netgear and i just wondered what yours was.
Hi Leprekorn

I am using the same as you, Netgear, I have just set it all up this week. Just hoping that my PES5 copy arrives on Friday. I managed to get one of the £14.99 HMV offers. I just hope they aren't stubborn about it and hold these back until after the full priced orders are dispatched.

Mrh... I don't know about network play... I'm a console on-line virgin!
Can anyone else answer the question?

VILLAn66

Novice Member
Leprekorn said:
Ok my handle is leprekorn see you on sunday
Hi Leprekorn... I am struggling for today because my HMV copy of PES5 has not arrived yet!

I am going to try and rent it this afternoon but I'll probably struggle as the game is obviously in demand at the moment. I'm fairly sure that the game will arrive tomorrow.

Leprekorn

Hi VILLAn66 I had trouble getting on last night any way. Let me know when you have it and we can take it from there.

VILLAn66

Novice Member
Leprekorn said:
Hi VILLAn66 I had trouble getting on last night any way. Let me know when you have it and we can take it from there.
Got it!

What problems were you having? Did you get them sorted?