Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pro Evo: its so good but why? PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by howzay2k, Feb 18, 2005.

1. howzay2k

howzay2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, im currently writing a game critique on Pro Evo 4 for my Univeristy dissertation. I've explained my ideas about why pro evo is such a good game, but I really need some quotes from you guys (other users) to back my claims up. If you could just just list the things that make pro evo so much better than other games in the genre like FIFA it would be a great help! and you'll have your name quoted in a Univeristy dissertation!!!These can be anything to do with graphics, gameplay etc etc. Thanks for your help!

2. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    its good to see uni students are still studying subjects that are worth while!

3. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    The graphics are pretty!

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    pmsl - what sort of course is that! A video games course! Superb!! Back to uni for me! :thumbsup:

Just go on about how much like real football the whole thing is - the fact that players move and make runs like in real life and that you really have to work a goal by keeping possession and creating space just like in real footie. In Fifa you just run up the pitch with the ball glued to your feet and slam the same goal away every time. There are so many more variables in the gameplay when it comes to PES. Players lose control or fail to control the ball if they are not ready to receive it, they miss kick shots if they are struggling to reach for the ball. Players collide and fall off other players as the do in real life. Every pass requires the right amount of power/height and timing to succeed. The ball physics are amazingly realistic - where as FIFA doesn't really even have any proper ball physics. In PES you can control virtually everything about the game in game - attack attitude, strategies, formations, keepers as well as perform whatever you want to perform with your players. Here's a quote for you "In FIFA you can master the game in a week - in PES you never master it, that's the difference!" :thumbsup:

5. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    There was a thread somewhere where me and gthom banged on a bit about how 'real' the game felt etc, if you do a search you might be able to find it. Would do it for you but to be honest i can't be arsed, just like a real student!:devil:

6. howzay2k

howzay2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    excellent stuff, just what im looking for!!! :thumbsup:

7. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    I seem to remember this one - I think we were setting some deluded FIFA fan straight. You tend to get the odd comic on here from time to time who tends to actually rate EA's destruction of the beautiful game! :suicide:

Glad it helped :thumbsup:

8. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    :lesson:

9. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    I love playing Pro Evo 4 as no two games are the same. FACT.

Every time you play you need to consider the opposition, the formation, key players and so on. Then in the game, you can use tactics to suit your oponent. For example, Norway are rated as an average team but to me, they play difficult long ball tactics with a 'big' side, which can be countered.

Also, you can relate the on screen action to real life. Players like Damien Duff when in the game are amazing, whilst average players are simply that. Emile Heskey always falls over, Owen and Rooney are class. Thiery Henry can and will take the ball wide, cut inside and destroy you, with his socks over his knees!!!

Finally, something that other Pro Evo fans will admit is that with Pro Evo 4 and versions before it, you can be playing it some six months into ownership and either you or the AI will do something that you have simply never seen before, which is when you have those 'I must pause that and watch a replay from every angle' moments.. The same thing applys when you score an overhead kick!

Hope this helps.

Cap :)