Pro Evo 5 Tourney (X-Box)

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by CAS FAN, Nov 3, 2005.

1. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Seeing as it's been out a while now I thought that it may be an option to get a tourney going (like perhaps the one night wonder tourney we had with PES4 many moons ago). I'm pretty busy at the moment with work but if there's anyone out there that fancies arranging this then i'd definately be up for it!

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,229
    Hmm not really the best time to start/organise this really mate, what with the 360 and xmas on their way.

certainly be up for one in the new year though

Don't suppose you have seen Munkey Boy's amazing online records!! :D

3. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'd definitely be up for it. Time to shine. Show you people what a PS2 man can do.

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Most of us are ex-PS2 men and were lured away with the promise of online gaming during PES4 :D . Personally i'm in my 7th consequtive season of ISSPE/PES and loving it!

I'm already in a league which finishes in the new year so would be up for another tourney then! :smashin:

Yes I must admit they aren't the best, although maybe his 2-0 win over Giz the other day hearalds the start of a new beginning for the Munkey! Giz is generally a pretty tough opponent so that's a good result in my book.

5. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Without trying to sound big headed i will bet them all. I don't believe there is anyone who can beat me.

6. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    id beat you mate ;)

7. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Bring it on mate! I'll tear you apart down the wings wings with Arsenal :D .

8. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    :censored: arsenal i have never seen so many inter milan games in my life in one night

9. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    BTW this thread is about a month old by now :D It would have been a marvelous time at the start of Nov, infact I joined a league around then. I agree that the new year would most likely be best now, but we will have to get something going.

Inter are my second team and although better on paper than Arsenal, I play much better with Arsenal in PES5.

10. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Looks like I've got some challengers. What do people normally play on live? I have only really ever played half hour games. Do people hang around for those?

11. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I was always inter on PES4 and before. I prefere Brazil now.

12. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    dont take alot of skill to play with teams full of super stars. one thing i used to hate about playing people online is that they usually stick to the best and greatest teams on the game. me i tend to rotate a vast array of teams as CAS can vouch for ;)

13. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Indeed, I must say I do like to stick to a team and really learn them and tinker with formations etc. Like I said, I prefer Arsenal in PES5 and they are by no means one of the best teams in the game. They are pretty good but Inter, AC, Real M, Barca, Chelski, Man U, Liverpool & Juve are all better. Arsenal are a similar level side to Roma in PES5.

Regarding game lengths, people usually play 10 or 15 min games on Liive. I used to play loads of 30 min games when I just used to paly with mates off line but 10 - 15 is good for Live IMO.

14. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i dont do 30 min games as they can get rediculous. im a good player so is my cousin and we have had a few 2-2,3-3 draws in a 10 min game because we both play some decent football

my team of choice in naturally liverpool but i do like to dabble with valencia now and again ;)

i do miss selling PES5 now (for xbox) but i will get it back once i get my 360. we shall play again CAS on even footing ;) no ps2 pad vs xbox controller

15. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Why does no one play with international teams?

16. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Indeed mate! Can't wait until the 360 comes so I can scrap the crappy PS2 pad. The analogue sticks are awful and i'm much more accurate shooting on the XBox pad. Unfortunately I could never personally get to grips with the Black & White buttons, but no problem with the 360 as they are shoulder buttons this time. :clap: :clap:

17. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,229
    Id say that Giz would be able to take anyone on his day(halfway line anyone :devil: ), as could Jay(LFC FAN) who won the 1st Pro Evo Cup that we won when pes4 came out.

No one is unbeatable, people can get lucky, play dirty, waste time etc etc, the sort of things that the AI won't do, even on 6*, people will do to you online

18. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Would be good to play them then. I know it sounds arrogant but I've worked out that I've played around 4,000 hours on PES in my life and I feel the effort i have out in to it (even though it's sad) means I have the right to be pleased with how good i am.

19. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,229
    Thats a lot of hours put in, nice one. You should be after all that time put in :D

20. spanna

spanna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    Ill add you to my friends list Michaelknell if its ok.
    Ive got bored of wupping CAS
    :D

21. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The more the merrier. I'll be honest though, I'm not a very good winner or looser. If I win I gloat for ages, if I lose i get in a mood, make excuses and generally act annoyed. Plus, I find it hard not to make noises as I play when the game gets interesting-you'll see what I mean when I play you guys.

22. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    :D You wish, we're about even on the games we've played infact out of that session we had I came out just on top ;) . When I play Arsenal I can usually win more than my fair share as I just click with them for some reason. I'm OK with Inter (which I am currently playing in a League, with Giz, Spanna & Loz) but am rather frail at the back with them for some reason (which is odd as they should have a better defense than Arsenal) :rolleyes: .

I guess 4000 hours won't be far off what i've put in considering that during PES2-3 along me and a mate used to play 2-3 times a week for a good 5-6 hour stretch each time. 4000 is probably a little high as that's about 1 1/2 hours every day for 7 years but I bet it's not a million miles off.

It's like Pooon says, no one is unbeatable and there's always a way to break anyone down. There's also so many variables and i've lost games that I absolutely dominated and won games that I shouldn't have. Confidence is a big thing as well and if you get on a losing streak it's hard to break it, just as if you go on a winning streak then the wins just seem to keep coming.

It's the fact that the game is almost "organic" that I love it so much. There are just so many variables in the equation at every second of the game that you never, ever play the same game twice or score exactly the same goal. PES is simply the best video game ever created in my eyes and even though I love racing games if it came down to either me never playing any racing game again, or PES then the racing games would sadly have to go.

23. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +495
    Hey don't go shouting about that 2-0 League results against Loz . . . . . . . :mad: ;)

And Pooon if only long shots were as effective in this version :rolleyes: My game has changed, and I wish I could say for the better, going through a bit of a low. Hopefully I can turn it around, but things just aren't rolling my way at the mo.

You also get your fair share of fortune with Inter as well CAS, well my goalie seemed to favour you over my team mates.....

Spanna is a good player, with his ever changing tactics and fast passing, I think he would give near enough anyone a game. I'm looking forward to playing you again with the 360 pad, as you seem to like your twisting and turning.

I have a early match lined up for 10am Saturday morning, first match on a 360 pad, but also a match the morning after the christmas party the night before :rolleyes:

Feel free to add me Michaelknell, there is nothing better than beating a bad loser ;)

24. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    Hey, someone has to - it's about my only win in the last fortnight :(

I have my killer new tactics now, honed to perfection, loaded up and ready to go... but of course I'll have to create them all again on Friday! Doh!

25. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    LOL

Lets just hope you are as good as you say you are or you be left looking like this :oops: ;)

Cas Giz are very good players Monkey was too easy ;) Pooon i only played a few times but he was very hard to beat his defence is pretty tight. You'll get good games against all of them thats for sure.

I don't have 5 myself but i was pretty good on evo 4 played about 200 games winning about 150 which isn't too bad and i beat Giz who was walking the league 7-0 sorry matey but i won't let you forget that one :rotfl: ;)

26. spanna

spanna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    oh cr4p, i forgot about that..
    lucky you reminded me there lorenzini!
    phew

27. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Indeed, i've been luckiy in the odd game with them but haven't really played well with Inter in any game apart from against Spektre last night. I mean in that game Adriano was playing like a legend (and bagged a hatrick) when quite often he's a lumbering muppet! I guess some teams you click with and some you don't and when I play the Arsenal i'm a MUCH better player than with Inter. My theory is that a lot of Inter's players have a terrible consistency (which is separate to condition) and they therefore all really play well together as a team. Arsenal on the other hand all have pretty good to great consistency and I have very few bad games with them.

The best player i've played off this forum i'd say was Jay (aka LFC FAN in the good old days) who was excellent at 4. We had some great competetive games but he would usually edge me in them.

As Jay says, Giz is very tough to beat and most of our games end up draws. Also Pooon is a pretty good player, he beat me 3-1 the other night, before I came back with a 2-0 and a 3-1 of my own.

28. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +495
    Too right you won't let me forget, I doubt there is a PES thread where it isn't mentioned ;)

Oh the league which never got finished, my chance for forum glory . . . . .

I admit I've been know to fall to pieces, mainly because I stick to my formation/tactics, and PES has always had the wonderful AI to push all your players forward once your a few goals behind.

I feel some help from jay with cornering in PGR3 maybe necessary :smashin:

29. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    So true :D

I think pooon is are man for that advice. :)

I have a 360 waiting instore (the spotty geeks better have the £280 pack ready and not the other one lol) my pgr3 has just been posted by play so i'll see you online sometime Giz :smashin:

30. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83

thats beautiful man,really it is.i feel the same and i know that pes5 will get the most plays on my 360.