1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro Evo 4 - PS2 or XBOX?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by reklor, Mar 16, 2005.

1. reklor

reklor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    right lets get some peoples opinions please! Im thinking of getting rid of my PS2 for an XBOX cos the only thing that is keeping me on my PS2 is pro evo 4 (and there is a couple of xbox games I want). I am hooked on pro evo 4 big time and I am really used to the gameplay with the dual shock 2 pad. So all you people out there that has played both - will I be silly to get the xbox version?.....is it hard to get used to the change of pad?
    Cheers guys :rolleyes:

2. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive never played evo4 on the ps2, but ive had evo2+3, now playing on the xbox is as easy as anything really. did take a bit to get used to the pad but the other improvements made up for that. better graphics and sound, also possible online play if get xbox live
    :)

3. allanp

allanp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I have both versions, and everytime we always go for the xbox version, as graphically it is far superior, and just feels far smoother and nicer to play.

4. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    The only thing the PS2 version has over the Xbox is the control pad - it is harder to use some functions as the Xbox pad has only 2 shoulder buttons as opposed to the PS2s four. For me, it was just a case of getting used to playing on the Xbox pad, but if you really have to, you can buy an adapter that lets you use your PS2 pad on the Xbox.

The plus side for the Xbox version includes sharper visuals and online play, but the game plays the same otherwise.

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,840
    This depends. Through RGB the PS2 version looks the best but the X-Box version looks better if you connect via Component video in 480p.

There really is no choice though if you own both consoles. Just the ability to play PES online (which now works great with hardly any lag at all) means that the X-Box version wins by a mile! I bought my X-Box for that reason so (well at least for me) it's an absolute no brainer - get the X-Box version. :thumbsup:

6. reklor

reklor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    cheers guys. I will think long and hard about it. :smashin:

7. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,840
    :smashin: I'll see you on Live then! :thumbsup:

8. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    dont let the pad issue put you off,ive played pro evo for years right back to the ps1 days,and the transition from ps2 pad to the xbox was easy.only took a few games.
    the micro s is the best console controller imo.
    one thing though the xbox version has a bug that the music level resets itself to default everytime you boot the game up,so every time you turn the game on you have to go to the options and turn the **** down AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH drives me mad!!

but the game is awesome.

9. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,840
    I use a dreambox converter & it's superb. The only thing I had to get used to was the shoulder buttons being upside down but that didn't take long. :clap:

10. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    have you not got round to trying out your rewiring theory on the L+R buttons? thought you would of sorted that by now.

11. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,840
    I bought a dual shock 1 pad and tried this but it wasn't the right sort. It seems that some older ones have separate wires that could just be swapped & rewired where as the "newer" Dual Shock 1's just have a plastic matrix (like the DS2's) and can't be tampered with.

In the end I game up and learnt how to play with the buttons the other way around. I prefer it now.

12. rahulkohli

rahulkohli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had a play around on my mates ps2 pro evo and i can safely say its not as good. its feels so much slower and not as smooth. the only saving grace is the r2 button being better situaated on the ps2.

13. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The graphics are definately better. In single player there is no slow down (Unlike PS2) and personally I prefer the xbox s pad.

I actualy got a PS2 pad converter just for this game and having tried the PS2 pad for a couple of weeks I didnt like it. So sold it on ebay.

There are plenty of reasons to get an xbox, however as someone else has already said xbox 2 may potentially be available at the end of the year.

Might be worth waiting. Having said that given the amount of hours my friends and I clock on Halo 2 on Live I couldnt go the next 6 - 8 months without an xbox.

14. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I have large hands as I am quite tall, I can't get to grips with the ps2 controller. The analogue sticks are in such an awful position!

Anyone tried to play gt4 with a ps2 pad? It sorely needs some rear analogue triggers. It is terrible for racing games!

15. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,840
    I guess it's what you're used to. I much prefer the X-Box pad for driving games & FPS titles but I prefer the PS2 pad for PES and beat em ups. Overall the X-Box pad is much the better device. It is better built, generally a better shape & size and has better analogue sticks and of course analogue triggers (which are great for driving & FPS/shooting games).

Anyway back on topic and there is really no choice to be made here IMO. If you own both consoles then you'd be daft to get the PS2 version. The X-Box version is smoother, quicker and has X-Box live! If you really can't get to grips with the X-Box pad for PES (i.e. you've used a PS1/2 pad since ISSPE) then the dreambox converter works really well and you only have to get used to the shoulder buttons being upside down. :thumbsup:

I actually end up playing the PS2 version the most (my mates have PS2's and they aren't willing to learn how to play with the shouldber buttons reversed :rolleyes: ) and it's still a great game. If you play on 50hz you also get no slowdown either.

The real clincher though is online play which the PS2 version doesn't have.