1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro Evo 4 Pc Online!!!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Spacecat, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +583
    according to a number of forums Pro evo 4 PC is going to be ONLINE!!!

that stops me from buying an Xbox then!!

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Its not the same on a PC.

Pro Evo 3 on pc was one of the most boring games i've ever played on mate.

3. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    load of crap pro evo on pc was as good not better than any version ive played

4. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +583
    it was exactly the same only better graphics 1280x1024 reolution, use a control pad and not the keyboard and the gameplay was identical

5. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup it was a PORT just like the XBOX version of PES4 is a PS2 port there all the same PES3 was identical to the PS2 version apart from it looked nicer at high resolutions and the same will be for PES4

How anyone can say the XBOX versions is great and the PC version is **** i dont know lol

not to mention the PC is free to play online cant wait :)

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    Sorry but the PC game just didn't feel right - yep it looked like pro evo and even played like it on the surface...however there's just something not right about playing it on a PC. I even tried it with the Thrustmaster Firestorm dual power 3 ( a superb joypad - like a better version of the PS2 Dual Shock 2) but I was soon back on the trusty PS2 version.

Each to their own but i'll be sticking to the PS2 and X-Box versions.

7. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    Hehe yeah there is no slowdown in the box with a decent PC.

I have played both and they seemed exactly the same except the PC looked better.

8. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    No slowdown on the xbox version either. :p :D

9. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +583
    No slowdown on Xbox like the PC, but it cant match a PC for graphics and resolution

:thumbsup:

cant wait to play online

10. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    i know what gthom3 is saying, the pc version definitely felt "different". not to say i didn't enjoy it, but it felt a lot different to the ps2 version. The graphics on Pro Evo 4 are so rubbish though, that i'll be glad when the PC version comes out. Playing the PS2 version on a 42" tv is sometimes unbearably poor visually. Another thing i noticed; whether it's an optical illusion or not i don't know, but Pro Evo on a big screen TV runs about twice as fast as on a small TV. I have 42" and my house mate has 17" and his is definitely much slower and less responsive.

11. hi_robb

hi_robb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lo there m8,

It's not your imgination that the game is faster on the 42' screen. I'll bet you play it full screen on the 42' don't you? Basically Pro Evo on Ps2 doesn't have a proper widescreen mode and is a 4:3 game.

If you play on the big screen and use full screen, you're stretching the game which actually makes it appear to play a hell of a lot faster, the small screen will be 4:3 native so the game plays at it's true speed.

Pro evo on ps2 has always been the same which is very annoying when like the majority of us you have a widescreen telly. You either play it looking like it should and at the speed it should on 4:3 but only use a fraction of your big telly isde, or you play full screen with a speed increase and stretched players.

Out of interest, I actually play it at 4:3 on my panny pd30 32', I prefer playing it as it's intended.

Hopefully the xbox version will like most xbox games pick up what your console is set to and actually appear in the correct aspect ratio for 16:9 tellies.

Dave

12. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    Indeed PES is poor on a widescreen TV. I must say that I always play PES on my 29" 4:3 TV as opposed to my newer 32" Widescreen. The graphics on PES look awful on a widescreen TV as well - it's like playing a totally different game with it on a 4:3 TV!

13. BlueOrange25

BlueOrange25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Online play does seem very interesting...another way for me to get absolutley thrashed. lol

14. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    i do indeed play in 16:9, which i guess accounts for some of the optical illusion of speed change, but i guess also it looks faster because on a 17" tv, the ball is traveling 17" in a second but on a 42" tv it's travelling 42" in the same time. I quite like it on 16:9 except it does feel like i should be able to see more of the action than i can. Though any aspect ratio that makes heskey look as fat as he looks on pro evo 4 16:9 is well worth using :rotfl:

on another note, i downloaded the jonboyo patch for pro evo 4 and burned it to a copy of the original, and it makes the game 1000% better :D proper kits, proper team names, proper team chants, proper club logo's, proper boots, balls, advertisements, it's fantastic! :thumbsup:

15. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,036
    PES3 is the game I have played more than any other on the PC. The higher res looks fantastic on the projector, and its only played with PS2 pads, which I've always found to be the best.

Can't wait for PES4, just hoping a demo is released in the next few days.

16. watchmaker

watchmaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Any confirmation yet if this will be online?

17. watchmaker

watchmaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    To answer my own question:

http://de.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=66

Babelfish translation:

Per evolution Soccer 4: Startschu?f?Xbox and PC at the 19.November 2004!

On-line Deb?f?die Xbox and PC data processing D-C versions

Waiting has finally an end: Today we can confirm finally, on which football fans of the Xbox and the PC's wait for a long time: After the phaenomenalen success of the PlayStation 2-Version von Pro evolution Soccer 4 we publish PES4 now European-wide on 19 November for Xbox® and PC-DVD - both versions offer full on-line Gameplay!

The step toward on-line ability is above all an answer to the desires of the numerous fans of pro evolution Soccer. The Xbox version uses Microsofts Xbox® Live™ service to make over on-line Matches possible and permits packing plays man counter man with pro evolution Soccer fan everywhere in the world.

The PC version again supports both LAN of network plays and on-line Matches over TCP/IP connections and makes thereby plays possible man counter man also packing against an opponent connected via network or InterNet.

Thus network cables and Joypads hold ready, because starting from the 19.November 2004 football is purely announced also on Xbox and PC!

:clap:

18. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,036
    The demo is supposed to be on the PC Zone cover disk this week, although I can't find any confirmation on their website :(

19. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +583
    according to pc zone its lan only :( hopefully a fix will be done soo

20. watchmaker

watchmaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    From http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57182

Sadly, Konami's implementation on the PC leaves a little to be desired. Having seen the game's TCP/IP play lauded alongside the Xbox version's Xbox Live support recently, discovering that PES4 PC seems to be emulating null modem Doom functionality is a bit of a dampener. There's no matchmaking system or anything useful like that; one player acts as host, and the other player types in his IP address and connects. How you find your opponents, and questions about connecting to other PCs directly in these days of NAT routers, software firewalls and invasive Service Packs are not covered.

However we can't recommend PES4 PC to everyone for one key reason: barring a catastrophe, the Xbox version - review code for which we're expecting right around now - ought to be that little bit superior. Graphically the PC will always have slightly more pixels to play with, but the team's half-hearted attempt to include online multiplayer options is destined to be relegated somewhat when we connect to Xbox Live. On Xbox there's talk of mini-leagues and tournaments as well as proper matchmaking - and Friends list support will take a lot of the pain out of the process. On the PC we've regressed to calling up our mates, trying to figure out IP addresses and arguing over who makes the better host...

21. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

We have known for months that the PC online mode would be IP - IP if it had any atal IP play for people that know what there doing with PCs is all you need

Leagues will be setup online you contact the player via MSN and get His IP then connect and play and log the result,

I used to play fifa 99/2000 leagues like this all the time simple and easy to setup, certainly nothing to hold u back from purchasing the PC version which will of course look the best out the 3

22. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    I must say PES is one game that I wouldn't consider for the PC - it's a console game to be played infront of a nice big TV IMO.

I guess if the game had a decent online side then that would give it a little credability but the offering you describe is very poor in this day and age! The whole point of PES online is to play with loads of new people - not just so that your mate no longer has to come to your house to play. With the PC version you will have to sign up to websites where people post their IP's and then somehow try to synchronise connections - far too much faf! Then of course there will be a complete lack of player matching & online stats which add greatly to the online process.

For anyone who's a remotely serious PES Fan it's got to be X-Box really. This game is the reason I bought mine :thumbsup:

23. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IP Play is no faff atall mate if you know anything about PCs i have Fifa 2005 and although it has online mode from EA all i use is IP play and its perfect.

Besides You Add new people to MSN and can play them whenever you want afterwords

+ Somepeople do have there PC hooked upto There Plasma/LCD :) so who needs an XBOX

Not to mention its FREE with PC would never pay for a online service on top of my internet costs

24. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    Yeah you hit the nail on the head - for those who know anything about PC's - unfortunately a lot of PC gamers no very little and many will just look at you a little funny if you mention IP. I've played IP games since the dawn of time and grown up with PC's so yes it's not that hard to do for me. Many wouldn't know where to start & to be honest all they want to do is play a game rather than read up about it all.

I'm also sure that people have PC's hooked up to Plasma screens but again the majority of PC owners use a CRT monitor or LCD screen. I'm not denying that you (or me if I wanted to) are capable of setting your PC us to a plasma screen and setting up IP games. My point was that for your average gameplaying joe it is way to much Faff.

With an X-Box you stick a network lead in the back, click play on X-Box live and then select Optimatch etc and that's it you're in playing against a similarly matched player - no finding people & IP's on websites, no "have you clicked connect mate?" - "yeah has it come up?" - "No, what IP did you use?" - "Have you got your firewall on mate?" - "Not sure how do I check that?" - "Go into internet connections and.....you get the idea.