1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro Evo 4 live questions......

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Bristol Pete, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    I have my broadband connection being upgraded to 512mb next week and would like to know what I need to do to sign up.

Have never ever read or used it or even seen info about it as I usually skip those pages in a relevant magazine. Is is upto much?

Finally, is Pro Evo 4 good on live at that speed or will 256 suffice?

Thanks.

Cap :smashin:

2. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Ah, Pro Evo on Live is a mixed affair you'll find. The game, as we all know, is THE definitive footballing experience, so you'd think on Live it would be heaven. in many respects it is, but there are issues, mostly due to lag. The team that is playing 'away' (joining another persons game) often gets lag, which means that button presses occur a split second after you actually press the button. Which can be annoying.

Ways to reduce lag are:
    - improve your connection speed (512kb would be a minimum IMHO)
    - join games that are geographically closer to you (join another UK game - can be hard to do unless you're joining someone on your friends list so you know where they are)
    - turn off unnecessary options such as commentary and crowds when hosting
    - host games (takes a while for someone to join you and other friends may get annoyed if you host all the time).

To sign up to the Live service, I'd suggest either using a 2 month trial card that are freely available in alot of games (there will be a sticker on the front of the box), but this does mean you won't have a communicator to talk to other players, which is half the online experience IMHO. The alternative is to buy a Starter Kit (£35) which has a 12 months sub included and comes with a communicator.

Connection details are at the Xbox website. Hope this helps :)