1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro evo 3 0r 4

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Ben Adams, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Ben Adams

Ben Adams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I recently played pro evo at a friends house and realised that in many ways it was superior to Fifa 2005. (which i own). I would therefore like to purchase Pro evo. However, i have heard that there is little point in getting pro evo 4 as it is almost identical to pro evo 3. (which is cheaper)

My question to the wise gamers of the world is :

should i buy pro evo 3 or pro evo 4?

p.s maybe even pro evo 2 or 1 is best.
    n.b I will probably be purchasing this product on ebay. If anyone wants to sell me pro evo 3 or 4 (what ever they think is best). Then please email

Ben_is_at@Yahoo.co.uk

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722

3. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,346

4. Ben Adams

Ben Adams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To the people who have responded so quickly I thank you.

However,in the future can you please provide a reason. Otherwise it is impossible for me to make a choice.

5. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    As with the fifa series that you are more familiar with, there are always little tweaks for each new version of the game, although with Evo they have never had to give the gameplay a 'major overhaul' because its never needed one. So, Pro Evo 4 is the way to go, its the most complete footy simulation available, Evo 3 is good don't get me wrong, but once you play 4 you can go back, they are just 'different' somehow, and i don't have the vocabulary to explain how.

Good enough for you.

6. dubledene

dubledene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone have any idea how to patch the x box version??

7. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    you need a max drive. bout £30 IIRC

evo 4 gets my vote too. played 3 for ages, got 4 ont he day of release and thought theyve hardly touched it, months on visited my mum and had a game of evo3 against my bro and blimey evo 3 seemed years behind.... get 4 you wont be dissapointed

8. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722

as stated b4, you'll need a maxdrive(or similar) available from various sources including Play etc and you will need the update file from pesfan and roberts your fathers brother, 1 patched Pro Evo 4

9. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    OK then, I would definately say that PES4 is the way to go.

Reasons -

- More fluid gameplay, players touch the ball on etc & everything is smoother & less rigid.
    - Vastly improved refs - although they still make stupid decisions they are miles better than PES3's where virtually every legitimate tackle was given as a foul & ofter a card as well.
    - Improved advantage rule - Didin't work at all in PES3 but it at least works some of the time in PES4.
    - Better keepers - keepers would run out & do silly things that would let in countless goals in PES3. In PES4 they are much better, although there is a bit of a bug (or is it intentional to suggest the keepers judgement) where they often leave a ball that is going narrowly wide, hits the post or occasionally creeps in the bottom corner.
    - Improved ball physics - although these were good in PES3, they are just that bit more realistic in PES4.
    - Better Master League on PES4.

PES3 is a great game but each & every PES game has improved on the last IMO. Playing PES2 or PES now is funny as the gameplay (whilst still PES) is so ridged compared to the later versions. They were both superb in their day though.