Pro Evo 2012 - help thread

syhiro

Standard Member
Reaction score
Since this is released on friday 14th october, and I couldn't see a thread, I have decided to start this.

Looks like the previews are looking good with man Utd and Spurs licenced. (AGAIN)

downloaded the demo and it was embarresingly bad...PES is dead to me now!

downloaded the demo and it was embarresingly bad...PES is dead to me now!

Eh?!? I was the opposite and really enjoyed it. I'm just gutted my pre-order hasn't arrived yet of pes 2012!!

Easily the best next gen version of PES and I would rate it up there with PES 3 & 5 which for me are the best ones.

Still the odd issue but what football game is perfect.

Easily the best next gen version of PES and I would rate it up there with PES 3 & 5 which for me are the best ones.

Someone with taste, for me pes 5 was the best pro evo ever, and even played it recently and while it doesn't look great the game play is on point.

I still remember everyone moaning when 5 came out saying there were too many fouls etc, but I have not played any game as much as I did pro evo 5, it was permanently in my ps2. I'd bang out the master league by myself and then we'd all get our memory cards out and play eachother with our master league teams.

To be honest no pro evo on the next gen has captured me, I've picked up pes2012 today hoping that it recaptures pes 5.

I tried the demo a few times but it peed me off having to sit through that damn intro, not sure why they done that as on the 360 you only had to sit through it once at the end of the match.

I got pro evo on the ps3 as I prefer using the d-pad on the ps3, pro evo just doesn't feel right with an analogue stick, and while the 360 version has less jaggies and looks slightly better it was actually jerkier than the ps3 version, and pro evo has never been about graphics so it has to be the smoother version.

Since I can remember each year I've always picked up both fifa and pes, usually pes would always be kept but what's happened recently is both have been traded in and I've been football less, while fifa has improved, pes has gotten worse, they have both been crap though, for me in fifa the player individuality has never been there, other than players running faster, goals don't give that same satisfaction and the replays are absolute gash.

Last edited:
And online plays brilliantly this year (finally).

That's good to hear, although I'll see for myself.

That's one area fifa has had pes beat in the past, although there was lag at times and it wasn't as "perfect" as fifa fanboys would make out.

I'll be sticking to friendlys online though as ranked and master league online everyone does the gay pass across the six yard box, which does happen in real life but these jokers do it for every goal, it's pass to speed demon, cut across and do a gay pass for a tap in.

I don't care about losing, I like it when both people play sexy football :laugh:

To be fair pes6 was smooth online on the 360 but adriano was ridiculous....

Last edited:
That's good to hear, although I'll see for myself.

That's one area fifa has had pes beat in the past, although there was lag at times and it wasn't as "perfect" as fifa fanboys would make out.

I'll be sticking to friendlys online though as ranked and master league online everyone does the gay pass across the six yard box, which does happen in real life but these jokers do it for every goal, it's pass to speed demon, cut across and do a gay pass for a tap in.

I don't care about losing, I like it when both people play sexy football :laugh:

To be fair pes6 was smooth online on the 360 but adriano was ridiculous....

By all means add me then (GT same as forum name) as I hate that as well and only play sexy football!

Guys, add me for sexy football online, id is Pudlian. Just glad there are no free kick trophies this year, could score them for fun on PES 1 & 2 on PS One but have only managed 1 in 2 years on PES 2010/2011!

By all means add me then (GT same as forum name) as I hate that as well and only play sexy football!

Great, I'll send you over a friend request.

I've given pes 2012 a few matches and very positive so far, it's technically the best pro evo ever.

And definitely the most in depth, even upon first start up I had to go through and select a shed load of options before I could even get to the main menu, I just clicked next on all of them as I can change them later.

In my opinion it plays slightly differently from demo 2 even though on demo 2 it came up with a message saying that the full retail release would play the same.

The full game just plays so much better, this for me is pro evo back to it's best, and as always it's going to take a while before you get used to the little changes.

Pro evo has never had big in your face changes, even going back to the ps2 days each game seemed the same at first but it was only after a load of matches that you would notice the differences between versions.

I won't be needing any other games for a while with this release :thumbsup: (maybe just uncharted 3)

Guys, add me for sexy football online, id is Pudlian. Just glad there are no free kick trophies this year, could score them for fun on PES 1 & 2 on PS One but have only managed 1 in 2 years on PES 2010/2011!

I'll pop one out to you :)

Last edited:

Will do :smashin:

Just realised (as I missed it before clicking next) that you can even disable auto clearance, auto pass, shoot etc which is great as I'd hate it before in older pro evo games where the computer teammate would hoof the ball out for a corner, and even go in for tackles and give away penalties or dangerous freekicks.

I've also just spent a little while trying to make my online avatar look like me :laugh:

edit: Damn this game is so huge, there's a load of training challenges, as well as the champions league etc, football life modes, and then you've got online too.

Seriously if there are any pro evo fans in two minds stop reading this thread and go and buy the game.

Last edited:
lads add me aswell :)
HMANN12 is my ps3 id

lads add me aswell :)
HMANN12 is my ps3 id
Only if you play sexy football? :D

I love this years version and for me the series is finally back on track after many years of lagging behind FIFA.

Note to anyone from Konami reading this forum - please don't screw up the net code for next year and make us wait another 5 years for it to be playable online. K? thx ;)

Got mine today - about to boot it up and play. Can't wait!!

This really sums up fifa and pro evo, from a pro evo review "its competitor will give you 18 ways to celebrate a goal, but can't give you the satisfaction you feel as you loop a ball over defenders to your fast-breaking forward for the game winner"

True. Never got the same feeling from scoring a goal in FIFA as I do in PES.

Damn you Royal Mail!
Mine hasn't arrived yet. Was really looking forward to play it too, since this is the first version i have bought since 08 and it sounds like it is great by you guys.
Hopefully i can join you lot and have games over the weekend.

Last edited:
Hopefully you'll get it tomorrow.

It's certanly good fun, it's back to the good old days, although that brings some "negatives", the same old flaws that were in there before are still there.

But pro evo has never been perfect, and to be fair fifa has the flash but once that novelty wears off the boredom kicks in.

With pro evo it's the opposite, at first glance you think "What the f***" but if you stick with it you then appreciate it.

I've been playing it pretty much all day and it is THE BEST pro evo EVER for me personally, yes it has flaws but if you loved the ps2 days then this is what you've been craving, if you go in there expecting a glossy ps2 version with so much content that your head explodes then you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
I'm usually terrible at footy games so anyone wanting a challenge, don't look to me :rotfl: anyone who wants to play for enjoyment rather than just to win then gladly add me. PSN : sinky72

Ps, James, I'll be on later mate. Will be probably around 9:30 if your free then :thumbsup:

Had a quick game online and it is flawless online. Best online game of footy I have ever played. I really does feel like the old PES is back!!

Just had a cup match as corinthians, and the player individuality is great, roberto carlos feels different to anyone else, and ronaldo again just oozes individuality and looks lifelike.

I was just kicked out of the cup but it was good fun, that's the sign of a good game when you lose and still enjoy it.

And the classic "get up of the chair" when you have a near miss is only something pro evo brings me.

I will send a few friends requests to the folk on here my psn id is cfh72

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom