1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pro-ac response hexa system

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by icequake2000, Dec 12, 2002.

1. icequake2000

icequake2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    has anyone tryed the new pro-ac response hexa speakers are they any good

2. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Bit of a late response, but I think this is what hornydagon saw at Bristol, and he was impressed. I'm currently searching for tests/feedback on them.

3. BK Electronics

BK Electronics
    Active Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I think Essential Home Cinema Magazine gave them a "best buy". I had a look at their website to confirm this but it's less than informative. Perhaps another forum member can confirm this. I mean the award not the website be uninformative:)

4. jrpavel

jrpavel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The answer is "pretty good". I had Kef 2005.2 Eggs and did not get on with the voice reproduction for ordinary TV (although they were fine for movies). The Kefs were, in my setup, dry/sibilant/speaker sounding as if he was doing so out of a box. I found a similar effect with a Monitor Audio Radius package that I demo'd. The KEF Q6c was much better, giving a weightier sound.

Tried the Hexas and found them to give a much clearer soundstage (the drummer is almost touchable) and more natural vocal reproduction. I've kept the woofer and Kefs as rear speakers, but now have a system that I find natural, that doesn't draw attention to itself. Mind you, so it should, at the price...

5. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    No sign of these at the Show unfortunately. The Proac guy said they couldn't be bothered to bring a full 5.1 setup, so just had some high-end stereo floorstanders running instead. :rolleyes: