• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Private Medical Insurance

CTT

Standard Member
Hi Folks,

Looking for private medical cover for the family. Does any one have experience of the good/bad providers or are they (Bupa, Axa, Norwich Union ...) all much of a muchness.

Thanks,

D

Dr Diversity

I have always been with BUPA via the employer then privately then back to the employer now. Always good service at a cost that is scaleable according to your means. Amount you pay varies according to the excess you are prepared to accept.

This needs to be a one-time choice because if you need to change then the new company is unlikely to take on any 'pre-existing' that you got with previous insurers

booyaka

Currently Norwich Unions new scheme is superb from a pricing point of view and a contract - BUPA have been there or thereabouts for a long time now.

Also check out standard lifes scheme. I would recommend Norwich Union as a great family cover scheme as they offer the youngest child (assuming you have 2 or more) free cover.

Have recommended Norwich Union for the last 3/4 clients that have required PMI. Also recently setup a scheme for company and again used NU. If you require anything further let me know. I am an IFA:rolleyes:

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
one , of course , has to remember that premiums go up as one gets older and if you develop a chronic problem that needs a lot of expensive treament they basically stick their rear end at you:nono:

CTT

Standard Member
booyaka said:
Currently Norwich Unions new scheme is superb from a pricing point of view and a contract - BUPA have been there or thereabouts for a long time now.
QUOTE]

Which new scheme is this? I am tempted by Norwich Union, but there are several schemes all seemingly very similar.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom