Prison Break Series 3......HD or not ?

James Payne

Good afternoon to you all.

Received the new look (still as bad as the old) Sky Mag today. Couple of pages in there about the forthcoming new series of Prison Break. Whereas the old mag would say whether a programme was in HD or not (something along the lines of " Also available in HD ") the new mag doesn't say this at all.

Next to the showing times for Prison Break , it just states......Sky One (106) no mention at all about HD.

I'm just hoping that it's a misprint. If you look deeper into the mag there's a mention about Weeds. Again this only states Sky One (106) , nothing about HD , however we all know that this is shown in HD.

I've not caught any of the Prison Break trailers on Sky yet. For those that have , does the announcer say anything about HD ?

Fingers crossed.

Regards James

.Griff.

Good afternoon to you all.

Received the new look (still as bad as the old) Sky Mag today. Couple of pages in there about the forthcoming new series of Prison Break. Whereas the old mag would say whether a programme was in HD or not (something along the lines of " Also available in HD ") the new mag doesn't say this at all.

Next to the showing times for Prison Break , it just states......Sky One (106) no mention at all about HD.

I'm just hoping that it's a misprint. If you look deeper into the mag there's a mention about Weeds. Again this only states Sky One (106) , nothing about HD , however we all know that this is shown in HD.

I've not caught any of the Prison Break trailers on Sky yet. For those that have , does the announcer say anything about HD ?

Fingers crossed.

Regards James

The "Autumn" trailer just mentions "Sky One" but it's also being shown on Sky One HD and I'm confident it's in HD.

Robbie Razzler

On the sky HD website it states it will be:smashin:

Sky One HD & Sky Arts HD

Around two-thirds of all prime-time Sky One shows will be in HD by Christmas 2007, that's nearly double the amount of HD content than a year ago. Great new series this season include Weeds, Las Vegas, The 4400, and of course, the exclusive new season of Prison Break. Also in case you missed them the first time around, we'll give you another chance to catch the most recent seasons of Lost and 24. Plus, you can also look forward to premiere events like the Alan Ball Memorial Cup and Premier League All Stars in glorious HD.

source: http://sky.com/hd/news.htm

erniebert1

its 100% in HD, details are in the link below

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610296

DRAMA: Prison Break
On: Sky One HD (175)
Date: Monday 24th September 2007 (starting in 32 days)
Time: 22:00 to 23:00 (1 hour long)

An engineer allows himself to be incarcerated in a prison that he helped to build in order to help his brother escape death row.
(New Episode, Widescreen, 2005, 4 Star)

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

James Payne

its 100% in HD, details are in the link below

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610296

DRAMA: Prison Break
On: Sky One HD (175)
Date: Monday 24th September 2007 (starting in 32 days)
Time: 22:00 to 23:00 (1 hour long)

An engineer allows himself to be incarcerated in a prison that he helped to build in order to help his brother escape death row.
(New Episode, Widescreen, 2005, 4 Star)

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

I too saw that but read nothing into it , as look at the date 2005 :confused:

The write up also sounds as though it's about the 1st series.

All this tells me , is that Prison Break is on Sky One HD (175) , as we all know , this does not mean it's in HD.

Regards James

Timh

Distinguished Member
This programme has to have the worse picture quality ever on SkyHD!
I would go as far as to say its a poor sd transfer upscaled to HD.
Is it just me as I canot find any other comments regarding the pic quality of this show.

Regards

iPlod

I'm amazed Prison Break looks that bad for you. I think it looks really, really crisp. Long shots of the city show some beautiful detail, and close-ups of Link's face show all the pores and distinct beads of sweat (ewww).

Easily one of the better-looking HD programmes on my Fuji plasma, IMO.

Timh

Distinguished Member
Episode 1 of season 3 looked much better, I also found the close-ups looked very good but quite often in darker scenes the image looked quite grainy.
I am watching on a 92" screen but other programmes look very crisp at this size.
It would probably not look as bad on my panasonic px70 plasma.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom