• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Prison Break on Sky 1 HD...where is it??

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Maybe just a gap while they make some more?

Just checked epguides.com, it seems the next US episode isn't due until the 20th. Not sure how far behind Sky have been showing it.

dllord

Established Member
Was last weeks episode the last one?? I am sure it wasn't but doesn't appear on my planner this week or next?
:confused:

Sky said at the end of last weeks ep that there will be a two week break!

clintyeastwood

Established Member
series 4 episode 8 titled the price in the current series returns tues oct 28th sky one and hd at 22.00

Last edited:

Carb

Novice Member
Prison Break was back on in the US last night which means we'll now be 8 days behind as opposed to the previous 1 unfortunately.

tausifs

Prominent Member
Has the 4th series ended now ? I thought the planner said it was a mid-season break, perhaps to resume in the New Year ?

BName

Banned
Ye it is on a mid season break in the states and will return in the new year not sure when though nothing has been confirmed yet probably about March time.

tausifs

Prominent Member
Ye it is on a mid season break in the states and will return in the new year not sure when though nothing has been confirmed yet probably about March time.

I seem to remember that this was the case last year too. Someone said that was due to the writers' strike but wasn't that 2 yrs ago ?

Starburst

Distinguished Member
I seem to remember that this was the case last year too. Someone said that was due to the writers' strike but wasn't that 2 yrs ago ?

The strike ended last February, it must have been a slow year for ya:)

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer

Mid season breaks are very common now in the US. They used to show series in one run, starting in September/October and ending in June, but with many, many repeats of old episodes inserted into the series. This annoyed a lot of people who keep expecting a new episode only to find a re run.

So they changed it so that the whole series could be run without these repeats, but to keep the schedules right they inserted a mid season break. Seems to work quite well.

It has nothing to do with the writers strike.

penna

Established Member
there are six more episodes in the current series to come next spring, from the trailer it looks like the last of prison break . its rumoured fox have decieded to go out on a high and have no plans for a series 5.
from the short clip , some meaty stuff to come

Prison Break season 4 episode 17: Prison Break 4.17 (s04e17) | read my mind

I haven't watched the clip you linked, but lets be honest - if they wanted it to "go out on a high" then it should have ended after 1 series (or 2 at a push). Series 3 was just plain aweful, Series 4 has been a bit better but still nothing on S1.

Slates71

Established Member
It's not 'rubbish', yes this series isn't quite as good as 1 and 2 but it's still better than watching crap on ITV :D

Slates71

Established Member
Not what I would call a glowing recommendation.

Suppose you are right there, I'll expand further. Series 1 and 2 were the best TV I have ever seen. I'm a huge 24 and Lost fan and it was right up there. Series 3 dropped off a little but was still good. Series 4 was slow starting but as it started to get really good it hit it's mid season break and we are still waiting for the last half. All in all a superb series and I look forward to it coming back

Battle

Distinguished Member
Anyone have a date when this rubbish returns?? :rolleyes:

Back to the original question rather than slating the show - the last advert I saw on sky said the final 6 episodes would be aired in April, but there was no specific date mentioned.

Hades

Distinguished Member
It is indeed April, but no date as of yet.

martin purnell

Established Member
Before finding this particular thread, I was googling to find out the answer for myself. It is indeed back on US TV in early April. All being well, we'll get it a week later.
As another poster has already mentioned, there will be a further 6 progs. The final 2 episodes will be more like a TV Movie Special with the series going out on a high. I think I got the info from Wikipedia.
Martin

Battle

Distinguished Member
Its the last episode of Battlestar Galactica next week so im guessing that it will possibly appear back in its old time slot the week after that

Battle

Distinguished Member
Tuesday April 14th at 22.00 hrs Sky 1 :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom