Prisma Flash Gun on Sony A200

WideAwakeJake

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a Minolta 3000i packaged with an AF50 lens (which I wanted for my new sony A200) and a Prisma 2800 afd flash gun.

Has anyone ever heard of this brand, and would it be compatible with my Sony A200 ?

I've only had my digital SLR for a couple of months so any advice would be appreciated. Could it damage the camera trying the flash gun out on it? (if it fits - I've not tried yet.)

Thanks.

Hi,

I just bought a Minolta 3000i packaged with an AF50 lens (which I wanted for my new sony A200) and a Prisma 2800 afd flash gun.

Has anyone ever heard of this brand, and would it be compatible with my Sony A200 ?

I've only had my digital SLR for a couple of months so any advice would be appreciated. Could it damage the camera trying the flash gun out on it? (if it fits - I've not tried yet.)

Thanks.

A quick Google shows an eBay item in Italy which states "NO DIGITALE". So my guess is that it will only fire on full power on Auto.

Other Flash models can be found here:
http://www.mhohner.de/sony-minolta/flashes.php#dedi

You need to look in the Digital Ready column.

Hi,

Thanks.

Do you have a hammer or an air rifle?

You know what to do. Now go out and get a proper dedicated flashgun, not an old SLR variant. Do the Dyxum search in their flashgun section and it'll tell you what is compatible. That Prisma is a Michael Mouse PoS, so to a Top Gear test on it . . . after hitting it 20 times with a lump hammer, will it still work?

Do you have a hammer or an air rifle?

You know what to do. Now go out and get a proper dedicated flashgun, not an old SLR variant. Do the Dyxum search in their flashgun section and it'll tell you what is compatible. That Prisma is a Michael Mouse PoS, so to a Top Gear test on it . . . after hitting it 20 times with a lump hammer, will it still work?

Thanks for that! I did look at Dyxum and the sony compatibility charts. I also googled and found the link to IT ebay. I was only curious to as if anyone had heard of Prisma as only one result came up on google.

I only bought the package for the lens - great deal a tenner, for the Minolta AF 50mm f 1.7 with a 3000i and this flash. Think I'll just give the camera and flash to the charity shop - unless you want them to hit with a hammer to take out some frustration ;)

Thanks for that! I did look at Dyxum and the sony compatibility charts. I also googled and found the link to IT ebay. I was only curious to as if anyone had heard of Prisma as only one result came up on google.

I only bought the package for the lens - great deal a tenner, for the Minolta AF 50mm f 1.7 with a 3000i and this flash. Think I'll just give the camera and flash to the charity shop - unless you want them to hit with a hammer to take out some frustration ;)

Great deal indeed :thumbsup: Now sell the 50mm f/1.7 for £90.00+.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom