Prioritize XBox component input on SP-46L5HX?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Timm Stokke, May 25, 2004.

1. Timm Stokke

Timm Stokke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

(You can skip the ranting and jump straight to the question in bold below if you want)

I recently got one one of those sweet Samsung SP-46L5HX's, and yesterday my HiDef XBox kit came from Hongkong.

Good news first, since I saw questions regarding this when I did my research: A modded PAL XBox, set to NTSC mode, works using 480p,720p and 1080i with the HiDef kit even when booting up with the original BIOS. I've been playing Rallisport Challenge 2 a lot since last night on XBox Live, and I still haven't been banned.

The only thing that bugs me is that I am unable to find any way to prioritize the component input, so I have to manually select source four times (AV1, AV2, AV3 and then finally, it reaches component). ATM, only the XBox is hooked up to the system.

So my question is this: Is there any way to prioritize the input selection so that the second I turn on my XBox, the TV automatically switches to component? I managed to leave the manual when visiting my folks, so I can't RTFM either :(

I appreciate any help you fine folks can give me.

2. supersonic87

supersonic87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't think it's possible mate (although I'd love to be proved wrong). The only auto-swichers I can think of are pin 8 on scarts and line 23 wss (which isn't supported by the XBox).

Rich