1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prints off CD Disc !!!!!!!!1

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by pauliepie, Nov 17, 2004.

1. pauliepie

pauliepie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if I can download pictures off my CD disc to a company off the net and get them printed and sent to my home address!!!

We had a cd disc prepared when we got married of all our pictures and some of the family want prints of 10x15cm, so was wondering if there is a company that prints them off for you, if so what costs are involved or is it cheaper to take them to your local photo print shop.

Cheers
    paul :cool:

2. monocrider

monocrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've used http://www.internetphotosdirect.co.uk for what you're describing and was very pleased with the results (and price).

Don't know if they still do it, but when I registered with them you could get 10 free prints with your first order (you still have to pay p&p), so you can always do a test order for very little to make sure you like the quality.

From a copright point of view, I guess you should check with the photographer that he's granted you permission to use the CD images in this way ?

Regards,
    John

Edit: Price information: http://www.internetphotosdirect.co.uk/static/services.html

3. Shady

Shady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    You could alays try Asda, as they do 50 prints from CD (or memory stick) fo £5.00.

However, these are only 6" x 4". They do enlargments though, may be worth an enquiry.

Cheers

4. minimad

minimad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another option is www.photobox.co.uk. Whilst I haven't yet used them myself, members on another site I am a member of rave about them. Very, very quick service and excellent quality prints.

A friend gets all his digitals printed at 6x4 from our local Sainsbury's. Fab quality prints (Fuji equipment) and no postage costs either.

HTH
    Collin