prints from digital camera

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by davethecobbler, May 2, 2007.

1. davethecobbler

davethecobbler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    who on the net do good prints with a good site for three days running i have to my local asda to have prints done gave up every time yesterday a lady was downloading 500 photo`s :eek: so went back tonight i was sure it was the same lady at the machine gave up came and downloaded to virgin media site seem a little pricey i only did 5 prints took quite a while to sort it out i have had my camera 2 years now last time i had some printed i went to jessops but i have to make a special trip i do not want to buy my own printer as that seem a expensive way to do it inks ,paper, what do you think thanks

2. denno75uk

denno75uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +574
    I use Photobox or Kodak. Top results.

But I am totally besoffen at the mo' so I'm not sure my opinion counts for much.

By the way, besoffen is German for pis......:beer:

3. Graham Cee

Graham Cee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the only size of print that you want is 10x15 cm, then there is no better way than buying a printer that is specific to this size and paper and inks are available from most supermarkets. When you are more used to doing your own printing, cheaper offers for paper and inks are to be found on the Internet. I have used one supplier for a long time now and having set up an account, re-ordering is a doddle and often there are offers on paper and ink combinations that make prints even cheaper. My supplier delivers next day if orders are received by the early afternoon.
    Printers seem to be getting cheaper all the time and I am sure doing your own will cost less than shop prices. If your photographs are of decent quality from the camera, there is great satisfaction in seeing the results almost as soon as you have taken the shots.
    Graham C

4. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hey, I second www.photobox.co.uk, used them loads and very happy with them. Last time I ordered on a thursday evening and prints where with me on Saturday..!!!

You can now get 6x4 prints from 5p each, if you order enough but even 10p for 1 print! Many years ago I used to run a kodak in store lab and prints where nearer 50-60p each!!

Try them!

DigiStuff

5. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +637
    Another vote for Photobox.
    Prints arrive within 24hours of ordering normally.
    Very good service and quality

6. davethecobbler

davethecobbler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    thanks all i will try photo box :thumbsup:

7. davethecobbler

davethecobbler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    hi again i had a look at photo box it`s the same site as virgin media are using so i was ther all the time thanks again