Printing & Sizes Querying

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some printing advice as I'm a bit confuzzled about how to go about getting certain sizes printed. Take this example below for instance. I cropped about half the sky out to make it more panoramic. At what size(s) can I get it printed so that it looks like it does on the screen here? :confused:

Last edited:
Your image has an aspect ratio of 1.77:1

Most prints sizes are either 1.33:1 (e.g. 8x6) or 1.5:1 (e.g.12x8).

You won't find many services that print 1.77:1 (although it does correspond to 16:9 which some cameras do shoot)

One option is to order a 1.5:1 size and select the option to resize to fit rather than crop when ordering which will give you a print with a white border top and bottom that you can then trim off.

regards

Brian

What I do is in photoshop expand the canvas to fit a certain aspect ratio that's supported (in white) and the trim off on receipt of the print.

If you consider canvas for your print, this company offers a lot of options some of which are close to your aspect ratio so you either crop a little more/less or even if the amount is very slight you can stretch your image (in software) without it being noticeable.

http://www.my-picture.co.uk/

Or......In photoshop create a document that is the size you want to print. Copy image into that and then fit the image into your document.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom