Printing posters...

P-P-S-S

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have recently made a poster with an app called Posterino. However it is impossible to order a print of it online because the file size is 68Mb:eek: and no online printing service provides uploading of files bigger than 30Mb in size. Does anyone know how i might be able to order a print of this one? the print will be 20x30 inches in size by the way.

What format is the image?

Saved as a jpeg at 300 dpi it should be around 10 to 20MB.

I'm just making up a couple of these now. However a few years ago I made one that was 105Mb and ISTR I converted that to PDF and uploaded that to Photobox - excellent results.

You could try a local signs company. They should have a digital printing system that can accept files of this size. I know ours can, so would imagine others can too.

The image is a .TIFF image and it's 68.8Mb and dimensions are 4000x6000. How do i convert it into jpeg? And if i do that will i still be able to print a 20x30 inches poster out of it without losing image quality?

Have you tried exporting to iPhoto yet? Looking at Posterino's prefs the DPI for a 20x30 is 200 anyway. Export it and check the finished size (Mb) in iPhoto.

Its not the sending so much as the processing, most labs have max file sizes per format.

Have you tried exporting to iPhoto yet? Looking at Posterino's prefs the DPI for a 20x30 is 200 anyway. Export it and check the finished size (Mb) in iPhoto.

The file has already been exported to iPhoto and it's still the same size as when it was .posterino or .Tiff image. The export hasnt changed the file size at all for some reason:confused:

Drop the developer an email, he's responded in a few hours to me in the past.

Have you got any hosting space?

Upload it somewhere and I'll convert it to a .jpeg for you. that should take the size down.

I've just created a test poster in Posterino. 20x30.

I've done 3 exports.

My results are below.

Export as Tiff - Size 68.8MB
Export as JPG with Slider set to High - Size 28.3MB
Export as JPG with Slider moved a 1 notch left of High - Size 10.2MB

If you can re-export the file then do so as a JPG.

Otherwise open the TIFF in Preview. Save as JPEG and set to Best and your file will come down to just over 10MB

I've just created a test poster in Posterino. 20x30.

I'm brain dead with a cold … first didn't realise that it was a tiff exported :suicide: then suggested Preview for the tiff :suicide: I wanna go back to bed! :rolleyes:

Thank you very much guys. It finally worked. Converted it to jpeg with preview and it downsized it to 28Mb.:thumbsup:

I seem to remember a thread about cheap posters ages ago but I can't find it. This is the next best thread I could find (resurrect!).

Anyhoo, Photobox are doing Posters at Half Price -

20"x16" [-]£10.29[/-] £5.14 A2 [-]£10.29[/-] £5.14
30"x20" [-]£17.49[/-] £8.74

Tesco reduce their's roughly each month and the quality is almost as good as Photobox.

Nice prices, it's not the posters I find a problem it's the damn frames to put them in.

I did find a cheap site for frames a while ago via Quidco, frames where a good price, but they wanted something ridiculous like £25 to deliver them.

I need some child friendly poly-thingy instead of glass but Ikea have discontinued them :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom