Printer Trouble with M1 MacMini Running Big Sur v11.0.1

CamFire

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is anyone encountering the same issue? Print jobs just job missing-in-action, even after numerous attempts at reseting the printing system, re-adding and re-installing the printer drivers, etc.

Here's what is noted from System Information, Software, Logs, Printer error log:

Recent Contents: E [27/Nov/2020:21:42:48 +0000] hp_LaserJet_1320_series__600AA0_: File “/Library/Printers/hp/Icons/HP LaserJet 1320 Series.icns” not available: No such file or directory

I know a online search can pull up matches - but there are so, so many printer-related results with un-helpful pointers.

Not surprised at all. Printer support for M1 bound to be awful.
All you can do is delete and try to let MacOS find and add the printer itself. I would stay away from downloading drivers from HP’s website unless they specifically mention M1 processor compatibility.
Good luck with being an early adopter.

Oh no, I never thought of that! When I get mine I'll test it with my Lexmark

It will be fair to say that Apple has indeed dropped the ball on this, there are still many users of older reliable printers and support with generic printer driver(s) suffice.

Please post as to whether your printer continues to function with your M1 Mac. TIA...

My Brother laser printer started playing up over the weekend after going to 11.1, but it was fine on 11.01.

I was getting trouble connecting to it, jobs failing, rasterised errors etc etc.

I reset the printing system and that seems to have done the trick.

Yes - resetting the printing system and re-adding them seems to be a BigSur requirement. Been through this procedure several times but to no avail. Only appears to affect some older printers... sigh

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom